• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Mid-Winter Appreciation Thread

ski MRG

I had an awesome severe wx dream last night, I was in West Hartford with a bunch of people, and I had actually just signed up for a baseball team, a huge storm was coming and then it hit, we were walking to our cars and then all of a sudden there was really loud roaring and a huge crash, like lightning hit this building in front of us...we were freaking out and ran into the cars.

I then drove with someone and we saw the cloud structures...it was funny though b/c the cloud tops to the storm were separated from the storm itself...and I remember going crazy b/c the updrafts were tilted and all.

It was pretty cool.

:weenie:

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an awesome severe wx dream last night, I was in West Hartford with a bunch of people, and I had actually just signed up for a baseball team, a huge storm was coming and then it hit, we were walking to our cars and then all of a sudden there was really loud roaring and a huge crash, like lightning hit this building in front of us...we were freaking out and ran into the cars.

I then drove with someone and we saw the cloud structures...it was funny though b/c the cloud tops to the storm were separated from the storm itself...and I remember going crazy b/c the updrafts were tilted and all.

It was pretty cool.

lol...I had a dream the other night that I woke up and all the snow was gone. Before I could freak out, I woke up haha :lmao:

It was pretty cool.

Better throw out your bedding. After that dream, it's probably destroyed.

9/4, Nice crisp morning low of -18, another beautiful WINTER day out there. High around 20. Glad I've boycotted the other thread withthe unspeakable words in the title. Day after beautiful cold winter day being squandered with fretting about a modest warm up for a day or two.Silly. Had to locate some cherry logs I cut back in late summer. Found them. Think I'll wait until May to try to get them out of the snow.

Well another check on the Epic winter list, beautiful ice fog this morning in SECT as I drove to work, the sun was rising reflecting off of low hanging ice fog, which was hovering halfway up tree level, glistening ice covered all of the low level bushes,. Should be another great winter day with squalls this afternoon.

Well another check on the Epic winter list, beautiful ice fog this morning in SECT as I drove to work, the sun was rising reflecting off of low hanging ice fog, which was hovering halfway up tree level, glistening ice covered all of the low level bushes,. Should be an a great winter day with squalls this afternoon.

Cool, love the ice fog. This Winter has thrown a wide variety of interesting features at us. Looking forward to seeing a few flakes flying the next few days. Family skiing day tomorrow then MRG mid-week. a toasty 7* currently.

Cool, love the ice fog. This Winter has thrown a wide variety of interesting features at us. Looking forward to seeing a few flakes flying the next few days. Family skiing day tomorrow then MRG mid-week. a toasty 7* currently.

True, perfect outside these days. I can't wait for our sne mud season this year. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Well. didn't have to wait long as it has sterted to snow. My God, what a awful trainwreck the other, terrible thread is. Kevin pulling his hair out worrying about losing his snowpack. (wait, bad analogy) I guess when you aren't familiar with having a substantial snowpack you don't realize just how durable it is.A couple of days with 40's for an afternoon high will barely dent it. Lows will settle in the 20's easily minimizing the damage. This is just the natural life cycle of a snowpack. It will condense a little, set back up and be ready for more snow to fall on it. It's really cute how worried some people get about losing their snowpack. The snow will be on the ground here through April.

Well. didn't have to wait long as it has sterted to snow. My God, what a awful trainwreck the other, terrible thread is. Kevin pulling his hair out worrying about losing his snowpack. (wait, bad analogy) I guess when you aren't familiar with having a substantial snowpack you don't realize just how durable it is.A couple of days with 40's for an afternoon high will barely dent it. Lows will settle in the 20's easily minimizing the damage. This is just the natural life cycle of a snowpack. It will condense a little, set back up and be ready for more snow to fall on it. It's really cute how worried some people get about losing their snowpack. The snow will be on the ground here through April.

Nice, should be a snowy day for you, I am staying away from that basically trolling thread, lotta of posts made to upset some people. Skiing should be perfect this week.

Nice, should be a snowy day for you, I am staying away from that basically trolling thread, lotta of posts made to upset some people. Skiing should be perfect this week.

I've totally boycotted that thread as I find everything from the title to the majority of posts distasteful. As you predicted the Warministas have rushed out of the woodwork to proclaim the death of Winter. Happens every year and it surprises me that even those that have lived in NE all their lives are consistently tricked by a few days of slightly above normal temps. Hopefully they will all be frozen solid and covered with snow before they can scurry back into thier fetid holes when Winter comes roaring back. The skiing is absolutely primo right now Ginx. We have had no freeze thaw cycle so everything is just buttery. The Glen should pick up another 6-12" between now and Wednesday so Epic conditions continue. Imagine the scene with many more feet of snow OTG since this pic was taken. Just an awesome ski season. Trying to ski a little everyday. I have many projects slated to begin in late April/early May when we can break ground so I'm trying to recreate as much as I can now. Wintertime and the living is easy.lol

Dude, you are 1 of 5 people that live in the Berks. Most of us east of you, and at lower elevation have a different climate.

Dude, you are 1 of 5 people that live in the Berks. Most of us east of you, and at lower elevation have a different climate.

That's why I'm staying out of the other thread. I can't relate. I think that people are over-playing the whole 'Torch" thing. A couple mild days won't erase the snowpack you guys have. If it does you can come visit snow here. I'm just perplexed as to why, day after day, people are fixated on a few days that will be warm while letting beautiful Winter weather pass them by. I actually have little sympathy for those that bemoan the loss of snowpack but never actually use it. Sitting indoors grousing about it's possible demise instead of getting out and enjoying it seems bizarre. That said, I hope you all pull through with minimal damage and are in good shape when the snow resumes for you. In the meantime, I like to take note of the deep Winter weather that has been over us for weeks and weeks. -17 yesterday, -6 today, -sn in the air, perfect skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing, skating, snowmachining, x-country skiing, sledding, etc. Anyway, your point is well taken and again that is why I've steered clear of the other thread.

Archived