• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-Winter Appreciation Thread

ski MRG

No, but we all live in New England and we can act like proper New Englanders and not whine about snow. We can also have some self respect and not have our threads spiral into some mirror image of a MA thread cancelling Winter on 2/9 because of a questionable LR forecast of a day or two of above normal temps. You are right, this thread is for the weenies and proudly so. Good Day sir. lol

You guys are chuckin' like mad. I think most feel like it will return in some shape or form, including myself. The epic run has spoiled many, so I think it's almost human nature to come down off this high and perhaps have somewhat of a pessimistic outlook when temps finally rebound for a time. However, I as well as most of society, are several hundred feet or more lower in elevation so things can get more precarious for us. You can't compare your area to the coastal plain.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are chuckin' like mad. I think most feel like it will return in some shape or form, including myself. The epic run has spoiled many, so I think it's almost human nature to come down off this high and perhaps have somewhat of a pessimistic outlook when temps finally rebound for a time. However, I as well as most of society, are several hundred feet or more lower in elevation so things can get more precarious for us. You can't compare your area to the coastal plain.

Yes we are. Sure beats the one post an hour effin funeral parlor atmosphere this place has taken on inthe last day or two. More snow for everybody, even the CP...... even Messenger.

We'll get one soon.

Eh it snowed yesterday in a lot of places, pack is glistening tonight, some of us are pretty lucky. I get the feeling city life and snow are not compatible unless it snows everyday. I wouldn't know rarely go to the cities, when I went to the GTG it was my first trip to a city in winter in a while, Ugh

Yes we are. Sure beats the one post an hour effin funeral parlor atmosphere this place has taken on inthe last day or two. More snow for everybody, even the CP...... even Messenger.

Its been a morgue in here, This is just another typical NE winter up here avg to slightly above, The way they usually are here, Nothing any different then what we see.... :snowman:

We're simply in intermission. I was leaving work today amidst a deep snowpack now sealed. Cold. Understanding I may have to endure a few mild days but also understanding that the 2nd half snow blitz is a day closer. Big doings coming...BOS hits 100. Book it.

There is no better board feeling than seeing this from you. We talked about how people would bail at the first hint of warmth, some do not post anymore we are left with our hardcore posters. Fair weather or not it is easy to see who has waved the towel. Next week will be a hoot as the usual suspects cancel winter, expect some outsiders to pop in with the doom and gloom. Reload week.

12/8, caught in the doldrums. Not for long. looks like a little refresher already on the way and, you heard it here first right from Weatherfella himself big doingsafoot. Ginx, 'fella, and I told you all a big Winter was in the cards. So far it's delivered and it will continue to do so. Thanks to all the true believers that have already posted snowy thoughts and pics. This will please Ullr and you will be richly rewarded. Big Winter incoming, Big Big Winter.

I'm just horrified. My temp is forecast to keep rising. Do you realize that by next Wednesday I am forecasted to have a high of 30 degrees! Oh the horror....it's almost freezing! I've got to quickly get back home from England to protect my snowpack from the run of days in the 20s!

BWIOCoTFTW

Hurry back Mark, we need more positive thinking.

You laugh.... I have no long range models,maps or theories about teleconnectivity to support my contention. I have only the same instinct that led me to believe this would be a great Winter. I'll take my intuition over any long range prognostication any day. Will my 'forecast' verify, maybe, maybe not. However, I firmly believe that Old Man Winter is not done batting us around.

Invariable, my instinct every October is to say--"wow, it's getting cooler this month. Gonna be a great winter." Sometimes I'm right about it being great, sometimes I'm not. But, EVERY time,some type of winter ensued. Uncanny. :)

17.0/2

Hurry back Mark, we need more positive thinking.

on a plane today...i've chartered an airbus 380....snow from the arctic circle in the top deck, icepacks filling the bottom half...snow pack should be safe thru august.

have enough for all who are in the CoT. Late bday present for Ginx too. Enough to get Ray over 40. Might consider topping off Kevrev banks. Will ask pilot approach from the west and drop a couple of tons on Brookline. Tell Mike not to worry about qpf, this snow is like 60:1.

You laugh.... I have no long range models,maps or theories about teleconnectivity to support my contention. I have only the same instinct that led me to believe this would be a great Winter. I'll take my intuition over any long range prognostication any day. Will my 'forecast' verify, maybe, maybe not. However, I firmly believe that Old Man Winter is not done batting us around.

Not just a computer winter person here--can't be, around these parts in general, and where our homestead is in particular. Winter is not just a hobby but an actual lifestyle for several months every year. Snow immersion!

Every so often, I tune out from the forecasts, models & discussions for a few days and simply just keep an eye to the sky, watch the signs & sniff the air. It's a good exercise for any weather lover. We've all got a deep-seated instinct to pay attention to the real world and it feels good to actually use & harness this trait.

Winter lives on here in the hills.

5431765345_7e2e6bf993.jpg

Every so often, I tune out from the forecasts, models & discussions for a few days and simply just keep an eye to the sky, watch the signs & sniff the air. It's a good exercise for any weather lover. We've all got a deep-seated instinct to pay attention to the real world and it feels good to actually use & harness this trait.

Agree wholeheartedly!!

Not just a computer winter person here--can't be, around these parts in general, and where our homestead is in particular. Winter is not just a hobby but an actual lifestyle for several months every year. Snow immersion!

Winter lives on here in the hills.

5431765345_7e2e6bf993.jpg

Beautiful shot, just amazed at the number of people agonizing over a brief warmup a week away. I am glad Pete started this thread, all some people want to talk about is how warm it gets for two days. Look back at all the posts made by some pretty respectable posters, obsessed with how warm it gets. Winter lives and sensory experience as you describe is the way I live.

Archived