12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Mid-Winter Appreciation Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13/7, while the alleged Snow Lovers are over in the other thread yammering on and on about a 2-3 day warming trend, here in GC the snow has been falling. Got up early and did two quick circuits at Berkshire Snow Basin. The couple fresh inches of snow that fell yesterday and last night are icing on a delicious powder cake.Steep and deep. By the time the moderation in temps comes, they will have squandered 2 full weeks of primo Winter whipping each other into hysteria that Winter is over and all the snow will melt in 2 days. Silly. I suspect that, like every year, those of us that truly live Winter inside the snow globe will be skiing into May and loving every minute. The pretenders are already chomping at the bit to play baseball, mow lawns and frighten they're neighbors in suburbia by wearing day-glo speedos while sunning they're pastey white bodies, Gruesome. Well, to each his own. We see who the turncoats are now, they can't retract their awful positions. Then there are the true believers, the ones who will be richly rewarded when the cold and snow come slamming back in. This is a thread about snow and winter fun, don't like it , stay out. There's plenty of room to be miserable with the others over there. Looks like a bit more snow today and that is good.

13/7, while the alleged Snow Lovers are over in the other thread yammering on and on about a 2-3 day warming trend, here in GC the snow has been falling. Got up early and did two quick circuits at Berkshire Snow Basin. The couple fresh inches of snow that fell yesterday and last night are icing on a delicious powder cake.Steep and deep. By the time the moderation in temps comes, they will have squandered 2 full weeks of primo Winter whipping each other into hysteria that Winter is over and all the snow will melt in 2 days. Silly. I suspect that, like every year, those of us that truly live Winter inside the snow globe will be skiing into May and loving every minute. The pretenders are already chomping at the bit to play baseball, mow lawns and frighten they're neighbors in suburbia by wearing day-glo speedos while sunning they're pastey white bodies, Gruesome. Well, to each his own. We see who the turncoats are now, they can't retract their awful positions. Then there are the true believers, the ones who will be richly rewarded when the cold and snow come slamming back in. This is a thread about snow and winter fun, don't like it , stay out. There's plenty of room to be miserable with the others over there. Looks like a bit more snow today and that is good.

Pete well said I am almost 200 % of my climo norm for annual snow now they are throwing darts at me because of my use of the term epic. Well if that isn't epic for me I do not know what is. I thought that streamer last night was a cool met feature, rather intense for such a long distance off of the lakes. Really really enjoying this winter more than ever.

WTF?

:blahblah:

post-33-0-90539000-1297604059.jpeg

Some of us also have jobs that we attend to 5 days a week, and have to drive 2 hours to ski resorts.

Pete well said I am almost 200 % of my climo norm for annual snow now they are throwing darts at me because of my use of the term epic. Well if that isn't epic for me I do not know what is. I thought that streamer last night was a cool met feature, rather intense for such a long distance off of the lakes. Really really enjoying this winter more than ever.

I know. Whatever, let them be. A big slice of humble pie is going to be served on a cold, snowy plate. That streamer last night was absolutely cool and not just because I was directly affected. Just a cool plume. I wonder how quickly people will change their tunes once the next Winter storm is bearing down. I can hear the back peddling already. " I knew that March would be big" or " It was obvious that the mid-February lull was just a re-charge" yada yada yada. It has been an epic Winter on a number of levels and anyone denying that is being disingenuous. BTW, the MRG jr freestyle team slaughtered the competition at Sugarbush and won verything that wasn't nailed down. MRG makes you strong. I'll be there Wednesday for an EPIC day. Ok, at least there are a few of us, give them hell over in that other thead. I'm off to the B'east with my daughter for her Sunday Olympic training session. "Ok honey, now when you get to the flat section of the downhill course remember, stay in your tuck and ride a flat ski, any edging will slow you down." Have fun Ginx, think snow and you know. BIG WINTER INCOMING, BIG BIG WINTER.

Jeez, some of you folks are awful. Whiny, depressed folks who are locking yourselves in garages. Get over yourselves.

Like we don't have jobs? Blue Hill is 15 minutes from Boston.

True, the Cape is too far from winter, but do we b**ch about how nice their summers are?

Go hike with Jerry... He will awaken your slumbering spirits

Jeez, some of you folks are awful. Whiny, depressed folks who are locking yourselves in garages. Get over yourselves.

True, the Cape is too far from winter, but do we b**ch about how nice their summers are?

MQE is icy.

LOL, I don't think anyone is depressed..or at least they shouldn't be, but Pete has to realize the weather is different below 1400ft.

Archived