EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Ians Birthday Blizzard Bomb Bonanza BECS Feb 9-11

Ji

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the implications of the Euro possibly holding SW energy back? I'm assuming a faster move in reality would equate to less amped more suppressed?

it doesnt look like it is holding anything back

:lmao: Verbatim I think we mix more so than rain, but if 1.0" QPF already faalls before any changeover, who cares! I hope we all get something.

same but the fact is for me to cash in you might need to get some rain. i think it's a fair tradeoff personally.

Euro seems to really like the Ric-DC hit. Would be nice to see a lock a bit farther out than 24-48 hours this time.

EDIT- Is that 3 runs in a row with a solid DC hit? 12Z yesterday = big. OZ Last night = medium. 12Z today = big

was it 3 or 5 runs in a row with the xmas blizzard?

I wouldn't mind that but I hope Richmond doesn't get too much mixing, they are way overdue for a 15"+ storm.

Didn't Richmond get a 15 plus storm last year on Jan. 30? Also, hasn't Richmond gotten more snow this winter than DC? I am not wishing no snow on Richmond, but I could argue DC deserves the 15 plus inches from a north trend while Richmond settles for a good 8 than some sleet and a touch rain before getting another 3 on the back endtongue.gif

I am dying to see that Richmond BECS thread go to Part 97 inside of 18 hours...

I am beginning to wonder what is the most snow Richmond has ever gotten in a single season? And never mind the airport snow measurements.

Also what is the most snow Richmond has ever seen in ONE storm?

This looks to be south VA's year for snow setups - setting the incredible 1978-esque Lake Shore Drive Chicago Blizzard aside for the moment

With a bit more cold air and a touch more qpf - Who knows? Richmond's BIGGEST snow season EVER?

It's gonna take midlo two weeks to dig out from this - between his home snow setup and this upcoming blizzard

dont make me have to come down there and dig you out midlo

Didn't Richmond get a 15 plus storm last year on Jan. 30? Also, hasn't Richmond gotten more snow this winter than DC? I am not wishing no snow on Richmond, but I could argue DC deserves the 15 plus inches from a north trend while Richmond settles for a good 8 than some sleet and a touch rain before getting another 3 on the back endtongue.gif

Well, the official airport total....which is what we go by, recorded 10.0". There were, however, 15" amounts in the metro area for the December 09, and January 10 events, but officially nothing over 10".

Surprised to see the Euro hold and even tick NW a bit given the other guidance. Most winters I would like where we stand right now given the GFS tendency to wash everything out too far SE.

the gfs is a bit of an outlier at this pt it seems so it might be right but i'd discount it at least slightly for now

The far west end of Richmond went 15+ I believe. But metro RIC did not and just east of town at the airport they measured 11. That was the official total. I'm in MIdlothian a few miles south and west of downtown RIC.., I measured 11 here.

What storm are you talking about?

Archived