e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Ians Birthday Blizzard Bomb Bonanza BECS Feb 9-11

Ji

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i do see Phins point though, the DGEX is a very inaccurate model, and is only an extention of the NAM, so its not very good past 90 hrs . i dont really pay any attention to it, the only MET i even see use it is Margusity and its only when it shows a storm hitting him

People can look at it if they want, but the intolerable thing is when they actually get "worried" about it not showing a hit. Folks do the same thing with the awful NOGAPS.

Hmm I'd like to see the GFS come back soonish

Me too but it's too early to fret yet. I keep thinking the southwestern vort should dig more than what the GFS is showing but there are so many shortwaves that it's really hard to make sense of anything so it could be right. I'm afraid this storm is going to be our last chance for awhile if the models are correct and the PNA pattern goes strongly negative like the models are forecasting.

Me too but it's too early to fret yet. I keep thinking the southwestern vort should dig more than what the GFS is showing but there are so many shortwaves that it's really hard to make sense of anything so it could be right. I'm afraid this storm is going to be our last chance for awhile if the models are correct and the PNA pattern goes strongly negative like the models are forecasting.

Weren't you super-worried about a cutter this time yesterday? :whistle:;)

it's tough because there have certainly been waves that get washed out and the pattern is still rather busy. but we've also seen several vorts lately that are modeled too weak in the distance that strengthen on models as we get closer to game time. i could go for a break even though it might be ill timed as we're getting closer to the end of winter.

it's tough because there have certainly been waves that get washed out and the pattern is still rather busy. but we've also seen several vorts lately that are modeled too weak in the distance that strengthen on models as we get closer to game time. i could go for a break even though it might be ill timed as we're getting closer to the end of winter.

A little luck and we hit climo snowfall for the winter. Even if it's winter cancel for the rest of the season, hitting climo throughout the area would be a huge victory considering what we were thinking about going in last fall.

Weren't you super-worried about a cutter this time yesterday? :whistle:;)

Not a lake cutter but the euro solution that was inland. :arrowhead: If you read my blog, I also said it could be any solution and reiterated that in Jason's yesterday. I'm not that good and there were lots of ensembles that were east. I don't like having all the models showing an eastward look to them. I'd like to keep at least one that gives us a solid hit.

This is going to be a close call and a struggle to keep it from going too far west as we near the event. At this point (114 hr GFS map below), I'd expect the vort to strengthen and start to tilt the trof negative. It's still west of Lake Michigan longitude which suggests to me it will try and ride west of the southern apps. Fortunately, we have some cold dry air in place, and perhaps the low will do a jump to the coast south of us keeping us all snow.

post-772-0-62239100-1296926312.gif

If I was forecasting now, I'd go with a snow likely to start then snow/mix likely for the second half of the storm.

12Z Euro coming up. If the Euro sticks to its guns with at least mod precip in the MA then the battle is on.

If it comes in drier than 0Z or an OTS solution then well have an overwhelming consensus.

i;d still rather have a graze or ots than something perfect or headed inland at this pt. that works well most yrs tho maybe not this one.

Archived