joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ians Birthday Blizzard Bomb Bonanza BECS Feb 9-11

Ji

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it's coming through and it may give us some snow but any low that develops will be too far east and north for us as of now? Thoughts to snow potential?

I saw that on the 06Z GFS with a low developing along the front and it looked like in the right place for us in SE NC in the 162hr frame. I didn't look too far east or north based on that frame did it? I know it will change at 12Z

Looks like it's coming through and it may give us some snow but any low that develops will be too far east and north for us as of now? Thoughts to snow potential?

Interesting...I saw that too this morning when I checked the 06Z GFS. Taken literally it would probably be a decent couple or so inches maybe? I think this is the only run where something like that has been shown recently (last few days). However, I also seem to remember the GFS several days ago, for around that same time period was showing some rather cold air in place and a pretty decent storm moving up. Maybe this low/cold front thing is a hint of that?

More potential and another storm to track. Still has to play out and we will probably get screwed one way or another, but the number of storms to track this year continues to amaze me.

Archived