mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Ians Birthday Blizzard Bomb Bonanza BECS Feb 9-11

Ji

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good to remain skeptical... I won't say otherwise. H5 didn't look good but we all know this current solution won't verify. Models have been underestimating the vort strength all year. I believe we can only go north from here. Probably just the weenie in me talking though.

Not sure you'd want the vort to get too amped, because of your location.:lol:

All kidding aside, I definitely feel the same way.

Maybe so, but for us weenies in the Baltimore north camp there is reason for some concern.

99% of the time there is reason for concern even 15 minutes before the event starts.

Balt north is fine for now. Models won't get a good handle on the vort strength until Sun/Mon. If the squashed look is still there on Monday then the alarms can sound.

99% of the time there is reason for concern even 15 minutes before the event starts.

Balt north is fine for now. Models won't get a good handle on the vort strength until Sun/Mon. If the squashed look is still there on Monday then the alarms can sound.

100% of the time, there is reason for concern, even while its snowing.

Where the heck is everyone this morning? Two possible storms this week and this place is like a ghost town. The majority of you must have hangovers from the winter of 2010 - 2011. (Or last night) :)

What's the point in investing all the time analyzing 5 days out, based on prior outcomes and the model changes run-to-run? Easy enuf to look at new data at the end of the day and see what the trend is.

Good morning to sleep in.

and sometimes people take my comments about one model run and project way too much. I was not happy with the 0z euro...it was not a good run IMO, it trended worse at h5. That says nothing about my overall thoughts on the storm.

You always revert back to this nonsense. You were very level-headed during the hoffman storm, and now you are back to crying and moaning for several pages over single model runs 5 days out. :arrowhead:

You always revert back to this nonsense. You were very level-headed during the hoffman storm, and now you are back to crying and moaning for several pages over single model runs 5 days out. :arrowhead:

there were long periods he was absent. im sure he bailed in his head once or twice but had to hold up faith on the forum. :P

JB now calling the success of his phasing storm "tricky" and explains how it could fail

what does THAT usually mean when he explains the bust possibility with any storm? :lol:

JB is also calling for the end of winter after next 2 weeks... just like hes been saying every 2 weeks this winter only to be wrong. i dont pay alot of attention to JB

Where's all that record cold air? LOL...I knew when the 12z euro yesterday showed a modified cold air mass after this storm that we weren't going to be seeing any real cold afterwords. Funny thing is that I've already heard the local guys talking about how cold it's gonna be at the end of the week.

JB has been hyping the massive record cold all winter, but i havent seen nothing out of ordinary, its all hype . but the air mass thats coming just before next thursdays storm, wont have alot of time to modify, it should be plenty cold to snow in most areas from id say richmond north

im glad the GFS still has the storm( albeit off the coast) but almost every storm has trended west as it got closer especially with the GFS, so im just gonna hope the euro holds where it is , maybe a tough west of 00z

Even if the EURO comes further south and east it's okay...Monday Night 0z is when we should really start to worry unless of course we lose the storm all together between now and then...which won't happen...We need to let the next system come through on monday night before we can really get a good idea of the strength and track of our thursday storm.Bottom line is that I'm officially stoked about this system and the potential it has for Ric-Wash-Balt-Philly and NYC. I really think this could be our storm.

Don't you have more pressing worries then somebody posting the DGEX?

i do see Phins point though, the DGEX is a very inaccurate model, and is only an extention of the NAM, so its not very good past 90 hrs . i dont really pay any attention to it, the only MET i even see use it is Margusity and its only when it shows a storm hitting him

Archived