amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part VII

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, here too. This is adding up quickly. It'll be interesting to see how long this lasts. If it's an hour or two more, we could 3 to 4 inches.

Just an absolutely beautiful snow falling right now. Love to watch it fall through the floodlights. You're right it is adding up quickly, looks like about 2" new. Would love to tack on another few. P.S. I like the Thunder snow icon.lol

Total for the two days so far is 13.5 but we're laying some more down right now. Magic was fantabulous. All steep terrain open and covered with tons o'snow. Nice thing about them being closed TUE/Wed/ Thurs (unless it's a powder day) is the whole mountain was unskied when we caught first chair. Freshies. Even had to get roped off the chair when it broke down around 3:30. Bonus free ski voucher. All in all a great day. What's the story with the weekend system? out of the loop today.

How long were you up there? LOL

I have picked up 0.5" from this evening's action.

Here's a photo of an accident in Salem, NH. You'd think it was taken as the accident was in progress but actually that is how the car came to rest.

26719034_240X180.jpg

WTF????

still rippin here pretty good, 1/2 mile vis, backedge should roll through in a few hours

closing in on a foot of cold powder, difficult to measure though

saw some drifts to about 4.5 feet on a Jebwalk, that surprised me

snowpack looks stellar this evening

WTF????

still rippin here pretty good, 1/2 mile vis, backedge should roll through in a few hours

closing in on a foot of cold powder, difficult to measure though

saw some drifts to about 4.5 feet on a Jebwalk, that surprised me

snowpack looks stellar this evening

Dude! it snows where it wants to snow FTW

i noticed that when it came threw here

Yeah just looking outside at the street light you couldn't tell but then when I actually went outside to look, you could see them bouncing off the sidewalk. They are just like little styrofoam balls...soft.

kevin i know you were wondering about the big y in tolland earlier!!! This isnt the tolland bigy but maybe the same problem there?

Wilbraham Big Y store evacuated

Store cleared as precaution after tile shift

Updated: Wednesday, 02 Feb 2011, 6:19 PM EST

Published : Wednesday, 02 Feb 2011, 4:06 PM EST

WILBRAHAM, Mass. (WWLP) - The Big Y World Class Market in Wilbraham was evacuated as a safety precaution late Wednesday morning.

Store director David Cournoyer explained for 22News the reason for the evacuation: “We noticed there were a couple of ceiling tiles that had shifted and for the safety of employees and customers we decided to evacuate the store.”

Cournoyer then accompanied a structural engineer and a Wilbraham fire department safety team to inspect the ceiling. 22News will let you know when the Big Y Wilbraham store will once again be open.

Yeah just looking outside at the street light you couldn't tell but then when I actually went outside to look, you could see them bouncing off the sidewalk. They are just like little styrofoam balls...soft.

We had those earlier here when that band went through around six.

Last time I saw those was in Cleveland in a lake effect band off Lake Erie.

Looked like round popcorn.

Archived