12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part VII

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The batch that went through here between 6-8 was just chock full of big fat ffeather flakes. A thing of beauty that piled up quickly.

Wind has suddently picked up to 15mph at 8' (actually with the snow cover, I guess I should say 5').

Interestingly, with the passage of that last batch, ,my temp spiked at least 5* to 24.5 which is the high for the day (I had been sub-20 until now).

WTF????

still rippin here pretty good, 1/2 mile vis, backedge should roll through in a few hours

closing in on a foot of cold powder, difficult to measure though

saw some drifts to about 4.5 feet on a Jebwalk, that surprised me

snowpack looks stellar this evening

glad to see you fully in on the action. This was a generous storm, though not as prolific as expected.

As usual my place here held the low level cold air till the bitter end. Things finally mixed out some this evening and we jumped to 23 after teens all day. A biting wind though and blowing snow. Meanwhile the higher terrain of the Catskills to the south spiked into the mid 30's today for awhile.

10.1" total for the two days. Way below forecast, but really not bad for a cutter that gave Chicago a blizzard.

Nice little temp spike going on right now...up 3F in the past 20 min.

The CAD airmass was colder than the one advecting in from the west.

Woke up to SN+ just finished one last quick bout of SN+ and now it's just some lingerming mood snow but in between I think I might have had most diverse set of p-types i've seen in one day ever.

SN+ to IP to RN to snizzle to thunder-dippin-dots to heavy snizzle to IP to SN+

Underwhelming in amounts, satisfying in diversity especially with the surprise little thundershower there at the end. Also satisfying in flash freeze CF craziness. I think I may have a CF watching fetish, are they usually 10 degree rises/falls when they pass?

How long were you up there? LOL

Only about 15 minutes, we were two or three towers from the summit. They did a good job evacuating the lift. Not such a good job maintaining the lift.

Pete, that is bizarre. Ever happen to you before?

Snowing moderately here from what I can see.

If I can get 0.3", it would make 12" for the event.

Correction, I can't add!

Only needed 0.1", which I have gotten and then some.

Looks like 0.5"

Hey Dave, when I worked as a patroller we would practice the rope drill and I have had it happpen before. small price to pay for a free day of skiing.lol

Big day as I topped to 100" mark.

Only about 15 minutes, we were two or three towers from the summit. They did a good job evacuating the lift. Not such a good job maintaining the lift.

Hey Dave, when I worked as a patroller we would practice the rope drill and I have had it happpen before. small price to pay for a free day of skiing.lol

Big day as I topped to 100" mark.

1. Many people there/on the lift?

2. At all wx related?

3. Did you inform Wiz? He needs to fire up the ham radio

1. Many people there/on the lift?

2. At all wx related?

3. Did you inform Wiz? He needs to fire up the ham radio

Probably about 40-60 people on the lift. Not crowded, skied riht to a waiting chair every run. Great day of powder skiing. Good mountain with lots of snow.

Not weather related, low budget shoe string operation with no one at the helm. I want to buy Magic MTN and turn it into the jewel it is.

Archived