Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part V

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol. Magic Mtn. Wednesday (assuming they open), big phat powder day. You need to find some steep stuff when the snow is deep.

I'm thinking of hitting Nashoba or Wachusett for the first turns of the year since I'm not on a plane or about to get on a plane or in stranded in an airport for the first storm in 5 weeks. :thumbsup:

Weenies love ratios because it leaves things open-ended and allows them to circumvent the constraints of QPF....that's my threory, anyway.

You love 10:1. That's fine. I love 10:1 heavy snows as well since it has more staying power. I love great dendritic snow growth too. Some of the deform bands I've been lucky to get into this year have been insane. 1/12 felt like a LES event up here with 2-3"/hr for a few hours straight. I actually overperformed with QPF because of the persistent band. So it's possible that some areas in NNE could see a little more QPF than progged from the mesoscale aspects while you guys in SNE get a synoptic wallop.

I'm sure some have a QPF inferiority complex, but I just like snow and enjoy the many forms it comes in.

we ran out of firewood...and our guy can't get to his pile because it's snowed under...and he couldn't find anyone else to buy from...so I am SOL, lalala lock it up I loose power!!!

1717 redux

One Diane Grombalski, a poor woman who lived not far from Worcester, was

buried for six or eight days, but at last discovered by her neighbors, by smoke of the fire

coming through snow. Diane dieted a la Graham on potatoes and dried corn, and

warmed up with chair, and tables.

1717 redux

One Diane Grombalski, a poor woman who lived not far from Worcester, was

buried for six or eight days, but at last discovered by her neighbors, by smoke of the fire

coming through snow. Hannah dieted a la Graham on potatoes and dried corn, and

warmed up with chair, and tables.

You forgot to finish with...

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

You love 10:1. That's fine. I love 10:1 heavy snows as well since it has more staying power. I love great dendritic snow growth too. Some of the deform bands I've been lucky to get into this year have been insane. 1/12 felt like a LES event up here with 2-3"/hr for a few hours straight. I actually overperformed with QPF because of the persistent band. So it's possible that some areas in NNE could see a little more QPF than progged from the mesoscale aspects while you guys in SNE get a synoptic wallop.

I'm sure some have a QPF inferiority complex, but I just like snow and enjoy the many forms it comes in.

Amen.

Brian, what are you thinking for VT,NH, and SW ME? You know the area better than I do.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone. dead zone

And we are coming out of it... :lol:

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

That quote is directly from accounts of the 1717 storm.

Any new on the 00z NAM? Not sure when that comes out. That's what I want to hear before I head to bed for the night.

The 21z SREF looks like it might be a little bit colder around 850mb down in CT at least...but then again it's only 850mb...but 700mb does look like it is a little bit cooler...not sure about inbetween though.

Archived