Newest Member
    Toothache
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part V

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTV will do well.

The NAM banding site has decent frontogenesis up here for both systems in the H6-H8 layer. I think all 3 phases (Tue appetizer, Wed thump, and then the Wed night fluff topping) could impress. Those who measure and clear every 6hrs up here are going to come in with much higher totals than the next door neighbor who makes his first measurement Thu morning.

This will probably end up being true in a lot of places. If we get 4-6" of fairly decent ratio snow tomorrow here...then 9" of sleet contaminated dry cement on Wed and then another 2.5" of pure lake effect fluff on Wed night...it will probably be like 12" new on the ground just sticking a ruler in the ground Thursday morning instead of like 17" total by measuring it "correctly".

This will probably end up being true in a lot of places. If we get 4-6" of fairly decent ratio snow tomorrow here...then 9" of sleet contaminated dry cement on Wed and then another 2.5" of pure lake effect fluff on Wed night...it will probably be like 12" new on the ground just sticking a ruler in the ground Thursday morning instead of like 17" total by measuring it "correctly".

I'm sure 95% of us are going to measure like fiends. Every flake will be accounted for by most of us.

Oh boy, more good stuff from the globe this will add some nice fuel to the Will / Pete MA snow battle.

"Worcester historically has been the snow belt capital of Massachusetts. We're accustomed to dealing with the worst that mother nature can throw our way," he said.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/01/31/snow_plowing_taking_toll_on_mass_local_budgets/

ya i know

i think you are going to verify beautifully.....Sam's map was nice too i thought....i think his thoughts were quite similar to yours, in map form.

It's gonna be a 6hr barrage of 8-12" of snow added onto the 4-6' tmw, followed by nuisance precip and I'd be shocked, otherwise......just don't see a deformation band hanging out with the mid levels centers over sne....doesn't wk like that.

Find a retailer of "Bio Blocks". Compressed chipped wood. Cost per ton is roughly equivalent to pellets. Not ideal, but it will get you through in a pinch.

Bio Bricks actually, and thanks for the advise, I am almost out of wood myself and every place I called is not selling because their piles are basically buried.

http://biopellet.net/wheretobuy.html

hows your back? ready to shovel snow-sleet?

:axe:

Still hurts like hell but I just lay down every once in a while and that helps. Getting some papers from the town tomorrow for my insurance stuff.

This is going to be a ***** to shovel. Last storm though I just called the landlord and they brought over their snowblower, going to do the same thing this go around.

Ray how about two SWFE, how much did you get in 08 ?

The latter event in that instance was more of a "late-bloomer", or Miller B-east, as opposed to a swfe.....but I got 21" as a total from both combined.

I have 18" as the upper limit....I guess if they both come in as 8-12" thumps, sure, but I'll bet against it.

I just can't see some areas getting these snow totals being thrown around like rock salt, I'm calling 10-15" here.

I kept thinking that too but the more I dug the better it looked, Brian is right some awesome Fronto CSI stuff three times, lift is crazy over an Arctic dome . IDK man huge ratios could happen. I mean it's gotten more impressive by the hour which has been the case all year. Congrats CNE you guys are gonna get smoked. Hey boys,gals youuuuuuuu know what time it is..............

Shot Hour!

The latter event in that instance was more of a "late-bloomer", or Miller B-east, as opposed to a swfe.....but I got 21" as a total from both combined.

I have 18" as the upper limit....I guess if they both come in as 8-12" thumps, sure, but I'll bet against it.

4-7'' tomorrow, 8-12'' from the +SN thump, and then 2-4'' more from the hangback stuff into early Thursday AM.

I kept thinking that too but the more I dug the better it looked, Brian is right some awesome Fronto CSI stuff three times, lift is crazy over an Arctic dome . IDK man huge ratios could happen. I mean it's gotten more impressive by the hour which has been the case all year. Congrats CNE you guys are gonna get smoked. Hey boys,gals youuuuuuuu know what time it is..............

Shot Hour!

Methinks the liquor stores in the Moosup area are running low...

Well if we get more snow than freezing rain, my husband might kill me. He is out there chisseling the ice dams off the gutters JUST incase. He asked what the latest was I said maybe more freezing rain...Needless to say he is out there on a ladder, in a snow bank on our deck, chisseling ice, and he is on his cell phone. I have the video camera running for a tosh.0 moment.....

Gotcha, front system might be ur back system and visa versa play with my pursa.

ive said it before on this board....

nobody does SWFE like new england.

often you guys get heavier totals than those in the main deformation band :lol:

to me, its one of the most, if not the most fascinating aspect of new england winter weather.....so nothing would surprise me with a SWFE in new england.

hainvg said that, id still be more conservative than some of the maps ive seen.

Archived