• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part V

Baroclinic Zone

Bio Bricks actually, and thanks for the advise, I am almost out of wood myself and every place I called is not selling because their piles are basically buried.

http://biopellet.net/wheretobuy.html

My pops in CT burns them because he's gotten too lazy to heft cords of wood around. They burn hot, but fairly quick- relative to nice seasoned hardwood.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kept thinking that too but the more I dug the better it looked, Brian is right some awesome Fronto CSI stuff three times, lift is crazy over an Arctic dome . IDK man huge ratios could happen. I mean it's gotten more impressive by the hour which has been the case all year. Congrats CNE you guys are gonna get smoked. Hey boys,gals youuuuuuuu know what time it is..............

Shot Hour!

I think there will be some areas that will get into those higher ratios that get some decent lift hence the higher totals, But there is going to be some areas that are not as well and will end up with some crappy ratios as well, But, Where that line ends up will be known in time.

Well if we get more snow than freezing rain, my husband might kill me. He is out there chisseling the ice dams off the gutters JUST incase. He asked what the latest was I said maybe more freezing rain...Needless to say he is out there on a ladder, in a snow bank on our deck, chisseling ice, and he is on his cell phone. I have the video camera running for a tosh.0 moment.....

Better safe than sorry - imagine if you suffered structural damage to your home! Plus it's some exercise which isn't such a bad thing.

ive said it before on this board....

nobody does SWFE like new england.

often you guys get heavier totals than those in the main deformation band :lol:

to me, its one of the most, if not the most fascinating aspect of new england winter weather.....so nothing would surprise me with a SWFE in new england.

hainvg said that, id still be more conservative than some of the maps ive seen.

It can snow like absolute gangbusters during SWFEs...especially when the lift is like what is progged...the problem is that the duration of the precip is fairly limited. In the 12/16/07 event, it was snowing at 2-3" per hour but it shut off after 5-6 hours leaving most areas with 12" or less....granted it was a great storm as sleet was expected far sooner and further north than what happened.

Have not had a drink since the GTG but a Blue Moon IS calling me name. You should be doing Double Shots, wow Powdah bomb!

Just commenting on the never-ending Winterfest CoT party.... Shot Hour has turned into Shot Month.

Me, I gots some grading ta do...

I love long duration events. That is my fetish this winter.

I love that February is going to give January a run for it's money right out of the Gate. Follow this up with the big March Ray's been calling for, an elevation bomb or two in April and one parting shot in early May and the Winter of 2010-11 will become the new benchmark. AWT CoT FTW.

Better safe than sorry - imagine if you suffered structural damage to your home! Plus it's some exercise which isn't such a bad thing.

No I agree! He is on his cell phone though which I find highly amusing given how dicey it is out. I pointed out if he falls I am not feeling sorry for him if he is on his cell phone he laughed, he was talking to our insurance guy (no lie he was selling us life insurance and college plans)..Anyway, given the possibility of icing in CT better safe than sorry.

Latitude. Muncie has the latitude of around NYC or a tad south.

Absolutely Jerry, but we have both been around long enough to know these type events always bring suprises, sometimes snowbombs, sometimes faster mid level warmth, hopefully we get redevelopment se of acy and we can all be happy, but this looks like a snowbomb from orh-boston on north, have fun!!:snowman:

I love that February is going to give January a run for it's money right out of the Gate. Follow this up with the big March Ray's been calling for, an elevation bomb or two in April and one parting shot in early May and the Winter of 2010-11 will become the new benchmark. AWT CoT FTW.

May 1977 will come calling

How are people throwing big ratios around? I would think round 2 is at BEST...up north...12:1 and 10:1 for most others. Why the big rations? Midlevels warm but for many stay JUST cold enough for snow. But pedestrian rations I would think.

I have no idea to be honest. Maybe up north but down here we'll be lucky to reach 10-1 I'd think. Normal.

--

0z RUC and UA...to be honest I don't care that much but what it does show is that none of the models were right coming into 0z including the RGEM. But one of the things the 18z was doing was digging deeper into Mexico.

Follow the 552 at 500mb. The 18z NAM dropped it into Mexico which was a break from the 12z. The 18z GFS did not, the 0z RUC and SPC says good call, it's about right where the 18z GFS had it. I think that's probably a red flag that the 18z NAM was gonzo. Sometimes the NAM will get things right despite itself, not sure this is one of those times (18z)

I can't get too excited either way as unfortunately we're in the dark zone still. Until everything gets into the USA later tonight I think we may still struggle to find the solution among the models.

I should also mention the RUC is less amped than the 18z NAM even through the next 6 hours at 500. But it's trending warmer/more in line with the NAM with event 1. Again tough to read into the first six hours tonight as the NAM didn't really get jiggy until later tonight when it broke from earlier guidance.

Archived