bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Observations Jan 31- Feb 2nd

snownut

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...still 30.9 here in Colesville, MD and we have some fog around. Just had to re-deice my moms car. Very slippery still on our driveway and walkways. Road is fine because they salted in the last hour.

Sorry should have said that from out my window to the truck parked across the way it is melting off. I have not stepped outside in the past hour so it is probably still slick. :)

We are now reported to have freezing fog.

I made the 25-mile drive into work today because I couldn't justify staying at home when there was nothing remotely dangerous about hopping in the car and driving to work. We had a slight glaze on cars and trees and sidewalks, but the roads were treated and in fine shape.

As Ed Rendell said: "We've become a nation of wusses."

No freezing fog/drizzle, sleet or plain regular rain yet. 36 degrees. Awaiting our rain tonight, then 55 degrees tomorrow (with even MORE rain). Gonna need to break out the spring t shirts. Wednesday afternoon when the sun comes out is going to be a wonderful time to have a barbeque. Already got the beer chiiled and ready to go. Hey if we're gonna have mild weather - Might as well go full bore and enjoy it!thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It's impossible to get a look at the national radar map - 100 million overexcited weenies in the Midwest are refreshing that puppy every second.

Just noticed a frz rain advisory out for the overnight tonight. Hmmm. Need to keep one eye on that tonight - but that GoMex Plume of moisture that's feeding the storm, should advect a fair amount of mild air over MBY for sure along with decent rainfall. We sure need the water, and it'll wash some of that gunk off the roads for a change

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

1157 AM EST TUE FEB 1 2011

DCZ001-MDZ013-014-VAZ052>054-501-020100-

/O.EXP.KLWX.WW.Y.0008.000000T0000Z-110201T1700Z/

/O.NEW.KLWX.ZR.Y.0003.110202T0200Z-110202T1200Z/

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-PRINCE GEORGES-ANNE ARUNDEL-

PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK-FAIRFAX-

ARLINGTON/FALLS CHURCH/ALEXANDRIA-NORTHERN FAUQUIER-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WASHINGTON...ANNAPOLIS...MANASSAS...

MANASSAS PARK...FAIRFAX...ALEXANDRIA...FALLS CHURCH...WARRENTON

...FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO

7 AM EST WEDNESDAY...

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY WILL EXPIRE AT NOON EST TODAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS

ISSUED A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM

THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST WEDNESDAY. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY

WILL EXPIRE AT NOON EST TODAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...FREEZING RAIN.

* ACCUMULATIONS...A TENTH INCH OR LESS OF ICING FROM FREEZING RAIN.

The temp is now up to 34 here in Hagerstown. We did have some freezing rain earlier today, after a little snow and sleet last night (emphasis on "little"). With this current weather pattern, I don't see our temp, at least in town, dropping below freezing for the next 24 hours. I guess it is possible the surrounding sheltered valleys will be a little below freezing tonight, but I really think the topic tomorrow morning will be "much ado about nothing" - at least locally.

Freezing Rain Advisory out for the northern and western areas.

WASHINGTON-FREDERICK MD-CARROLL-NORTHERN BALTIMORE-HARFORD-

MONTGOMERY-HOWARD-EXTREME WESTERN ALLEGANY-

CENTRAL AND EASTERN ALLEGANY-FREDERICK VA-CLARKE-LOUDOUN-

HAMPSHIRE-MORGAN-BERKELEY-JEFFERSON-WESTERN MINERAL-

EASTERN MINERAL-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HAGERSTOWN...FREDERICK...WESTMINSTER...

GAITHERSBURG...COLUMBIA...FROSTBURG...CUMBERLAND...WINCHESTER...

LEESBURG...MARTINSBURG...CHARLES TOWN...ELK GARDEN...KEYSER...

FORT ASHBY

..FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 11 AM EST WEDNESDAY... ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY WILL EXPIRE AT NOON EST TODAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 11 AM EST WEDNESDAY. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY WILL EXPIRE AT NOON EST TODAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...FREEZING RAIN.

* ACCUMULATIONS...ICE ACCUMULATION FROM FREEZING RAIN TONIGHT WILL BE ONE TO TWO TENTHS INCH. HIGHEST ICING AMOUNTS WILL BE NEAR THE MASON-DIXON LINE. NORTHERN PORTIONS OF LOUDOUN AND MONTGOMERY COUNTIES COUNTIES COULD RECEIVE MORE ICING THAN SOUTHERN PARTS.

* TIMING...FREEZING RAIN TONIGHT. WITH RISING TEMPERATURES EXPECTED OVERNIGHT...PRECIPITATION IN SOME LOCATIONS COULD CHANGE TO PLAIN RAIN.

* TEMPERATURES...UPPER 20S THIS EVENING...THEN TEMPERATURES ARE FORECAST TO RISE AFTER MIDNIGHT...AND IN MANY SPOTS BE ABOVE FREEZING BY MORNING.

* WINDS...LIGHT EASTERLY WINDS TONIGHT...BECOMING STRONG FROM THE NORTHWEST ON WEDNESDAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN AND FREEZING DRIZZLE WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

&&

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS....

A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN OR FREEZING DRIZZLE WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS. SLOW DOWN AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

&&

Cloudy and 38 degrees - remaining snow melting furiously.

Radar shows a solid wall of water with strong yellow RAIN banding bearing down on Woodbridge.

http://radar.weather...s/full_loop.php

This is a solid plume of tropical moisture screaming north fresh from the Gulf. Torrential rainfall will efficiently wash away all of our snow, probably well before dawn. Very moist warm dewpoint temps will accompany this plume, meaning that we will top out tomorrow near 60 degrees - WITH 60 DEGREE DEWPOINTS. Yeah you read that correctly - June-like dewpoints in early Feb. It is called La Nina - Remember that name well.

This gigantic storm is greedily pulling in vast amounts of tropical moisture into its horrific maw - tropical moisture with origins in the Caribbean. The defo banding/trowal associated with this storm is simply destroying the Midwest and will literally bury Chicago alive in unprecedentedly deep snows, to the tune of 18 to 30 inches of fresh powpow.. Drifts will reach 15 feet. Don't be caught out on the highways in the Midwest in this blizzard. Entire geographical regions will shut down for days. Winds will kick up gigantic 18 foot waves off Lake Michigan which will crash down onto Lakeshore Drive in Chi-town. Midwesterners will be talking about this blizzard for years and years.

We get off easy in DCA with soft warm breezes tomorrow and heavy rain from the Gulf Plume. This is so bad for us that we yearned to get dryslotted - NO. SUCH. LUCK.

All winter long we suffered from very low or nonexistent qpf.

Well the drought is over - we're in for plenty of qpf with this rainmaker. This one won't swerve around us like the Boxing Day snowstorm did - It has absolutely got its eyes locked on DCA and N VA.

35, with the all-important DP of 32. I expected a little better showing, but looks like no big deal as the temp probably wont dip below 34 here.

im not sure why im under a freezing rain advisory. i doubt i hit freezing.

Archived