12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Observations Jan 31- Feb 2nd

snownut

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as it doesn't snow in Salisbury from 1155 tonight to 1155 tomorrow night, I'm cool. Don't need to start off a fresh forecasting contest with a miss cause I didn't predict snow. :lol:

I think they might officially count sleet as snow :( - Don't hold me to that though because I'm not 100% sure.

I think they might officially count sleet as snow :( - Don't hold me to that though because I'm not 100% sure.

Nah, I talked to my old wx proff prior to submitting my forecast. it specifically needs to say SN in the OB at the airport for it to be snow. Sleet doesn't count.

28 degrees 18 DP at 615pm - Frozen precip will miss us to the north.

I really don't expect one ping of sleet or one drop of frz rain thru Tuesday night.

We'll have plenty of heavy rainfall once we get safely above freezing in Woodbridge.

We're too far south for sleet or freezing rain. Those enjoyments are for folks in North Maine and Canada.

I live in Virginia - I get heavy rain with thunder with highs Wednesday in the 60s.

Nah, I talked to my old wx proff prior to submitting my forecast. it specifically needs to say SN in the OB at the airport for it to be snow. Sleet doesn't count.

My OB is going to be different from the airport as I live 9 miles NW of it. It is suprising how different the precip amounts can be from just that short distance

Don't think the precip type would be different though.

My OB is going to be different from the airport as I live 9 miles NW of it. It is suprising how different the precip amounts can be from just that short distance

Don't think the precip type would be different though.

More than likely that 9 mile difference won't matter... but it would be interesting to see if you get something the airport doesn't There has been issues in the past with their ASOS

25.8 degrees

light snow and sleet.

Just drove from Manassas Park home to Winchester. Rain and sleet from Gainesville to the Mountain. Snow and sleet from Front Royal north. More snow the further north you go. It's going to be a GD mess out here tomorrow morning. My DP is 23 degrees and with a temp of 25 the roads are going to be horrid.

As a side note check out my forecast for Saturday:

Saturday...Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of snow. Highs in the upper 30s.

Archived