e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
MW/Lakes/OV November 2010 general disco

Hoosier

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was nasty this AM with 24 degrees, clouds and windy.. Nice with the sun out now and 32.. 24 degrees at around 8am is the coldest temp since march 7th. How Pathetic.

Never have gone from March 7th until Nov. 23rd with never getting below 24 since I've been alive here in MKE. 36 yrs :arrowhead: Boy does time fly kids.

This has been a boring weather year here. The severe weather generally stayed just south of here all Summer, yet it was hot all Summer. I don't know how many times we would get debris garbage in the morning and then t-storms would develop on the outflow south of here during the afternoon. We received over an inch of rain last night along with thunder and lightning. That's the most interesting weather here in a long time.

Looks like i'll get my first frost tonight.

:lmao: I know youre on the lakeshore...but youve had NO frost yet?

As much as I am waiting (impatiently) for snow, got to say I really enjoyed the winter nip when I walked out of work at 5. Everything was there...100% bare trees, nippy breeze, and it SMELLED like winter. Now just need some SNOW!!!

:lmao: I know youre on the lakeshore...but youve had NO frost yet?

As much as I am waiting (impatiently) for snow, got to say I really enjoyed the winter nip when I walked out of work at 5. Everything was there...100% bare trees, nippy breeze, and it SMELLED like winter. Now just need some SNOW!!!

I'm on the lakeshore and in a very urban area. I haven't seen frost yet. I also wake up around 5:30 and outside walking the dog by 5:40, so if it had happened i'd have seen it. No frost, no ice on windshields, nothing. FWIW we probably have gotten cold enough, but on those days DPs were too low for frost.

I'm on the lakeshore and in a very urban area. I haven't seen frost yet. I also wake up around 5:30 and outside walking the dog by 5:40, so if it had happened i'd have seen it. No frost, no ice on windshields, nothing. FWIW we probably have gotten cold enough, but on those days DPs were too low for frost.

You should be growing citrus trees there with the long growing season. You should be the person in the midwest growing palm trees.:lol:

i should be in chi-town this time tomorrow. however, knowing ord, the combination of the busiest travel day of the year and rain and wind will mean i'll be lucky to get in before midnight.

thanksgiving in southern in doesn't even look that bad with highs in the mid-50s.

Models starting to hint at the Thanksgiving rain ending as snow. Whats funny about all this, is that if DTW ends the month at a T (which is where they stand now), it will become just the 19th November in 130 years of record to have no measurable snow (3 Novembers had 0, 15 Novembers had a T). If they get a coating it will blend right in with a plethora of other Novembers (35 Novembers have finished between 0.1"-0.9"). It looks to be all about timing. If the cold air gets in fast enough, perhaps a decent burst of snow ahead of crashing temps could give us a surprise. Basically IF something materializes could see this as one of those times when the rain changes to a burst of snow, it slushily accumulates, then temps plummet, freezing the slushy snow into white ice as temps quickly tumble into the low 20s.

Right now hovering near 30F as overcast prevails, expecting low 20s if it clears.

Archived