joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MW/Lakes/OV November 2010 general disco

Hoosier

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than the couple hundredths of a inch that fell on the 3rd (from a convective, granted isolated sleet shower) and the light snow showers the following day we've been dry as a bone this month. I'm not complaining though because the dry/warm analogs suggest a fairly decent winter is on the way. Though there's certainly been enough fog to go around.

Interestingly enough the bees and stickbugs are still alive and kicking it.

Interesting nugget from IND about the string of 70+ temps lately:

Indian Summer

The temperature has reached 70 degrees today (Friday) at the Indianapolis airport, making this the 5th consecutive day with a high temperature of 70 degrees or higher. This has occurred only 3 times after the 7th of November. The last time was in 1971 from November 14-18. The longest stretch of 70 degree weather after the 7th is 6 days. This occurred from November 14-19, 1953. Although the high temperature Saturday is not forecast to get up to 70, if it does we will tie the record. A cold front will move through the area by Saturday night, however, bringing the string of warm days to an end.

Weather records began at Indianapolis in February 1871.

I lol'd when I saw that.

That screams a longer stretch of weather hiatus for the GL/OV.

Yeah, can it get much more boring? Something seems off though...My original call was for a cold 2nd half of the month and I haven't given up that. But maybe the trough will dig more out west, just seems like the general pattern and overall signals dictate otherwise.

Yeah, can it get much more boring? Something seems off though...My original call was for a cold 2nd half of the month and I haven't given up that. But maybe the trough will dig more out west, just seems like the general pattern and overall signals dictate otherwise.

GFS has been showing the same thing to an extent, but the SE ridge isn't as strong.

First measurable precip of the month early this morning. Picked up almost 2 tenths of rain. Looks like a mild and windy night on the way with rain later in the night. Temps here will probably hold in the mid 50s through the night. Hard to believe there will be a snow storm about 200 miles northwest of here later on. Gonna be fun to watch.

Sounds a lot like the fog I was in on Wednesday Night going home from work, by far the thickest fog I have ever driven through.

The transition from clear skies to fog was fun. Everything's fine and then within 5 seconds mounds of condensed water vapour start tumbling from the sky until you can't see squat in front of you.

Has anyone seen the beginning of the 18z DGEX? :lmao:

too bad its too warm and too far east, and the dgex...

Actually, a few of the individual GFS ensemble members have a track up or just west of the Apps, but all are too warm.

...and take a look at this now.:scooter:

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/nam/00/fp0_084.shtml

Archived