e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
MW/Lakes/OV November 2010 general disco

Hoosier

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

68/61 here at the house. Winds are pretty gusty out of the south to almost 30mph at times. Feels like April out there. Hard to believe we're gonna be back into the 40s by sunset.

Quad Cities point forecast:

This Afternoon: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Some storms could be severe, with large hail and damaging winds. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. Breezy, with a west wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Euro is much farther south with the Day 7+ storm than the GFS, Canadian is farther south as well.

So maybe this time, it will end up over Wisconsin instead of MN/ND.

Really hate that ridge out ahead of it. Looks like a nice northward surge of warmth. We need some kind of blocking (50/50) low over NFLD to force the low south, or failing that, lock in sufficient cold air in hopes of a front end dump.

Really hate that ridge out ahead of it. Looks like a nice northward surge of warmth. We need some kind of blocking (50/50) low over NFLD to force the low south, or failing that, lock in sufficient cold air in hopes of a front end dump.

That will come after and we're left high and dry while the east coast get a HECS.

La Crosse area cutter on the Euro... Beau and the drought folks getting some nice relief hopefully. Might just end up a pretty memorable Nov yet for parts of MN.

So it looks like another torch-filled Monday next week. Rinse, wash, and repeat. But yeah good for the folks up in MN and the Dakotas. :)

Dec 1999 was a wasteland for snow here. No Christmas blizzard. I gotta imagine it was similar in SE MI.

Dec 2000 was very good. There was a mid month blizzard (11th-12th) and a coupler of smaller storms leading up to Christmas.

Dec 1999 saw a bare Christmas, with a 2.6" snowfall on the 28th, best of the month (monthly total 4.3"). Perhaps he meant the blizzard of 1999, which buried us on Jan 2nd, still Christmas Day was bare.

Just had some instense downpours here. It didn't even rain this hard in the summer. I didn't hear any thunder, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a stray stirke and rumble judging from the reflectivities and instability.

There was even some brief training, so some areas have minor street flooding

There were a few snow flakes in the air yesterday (Sunday) morning in downtown Toronto. A nice and unexpected surprise and it added a wintry touch to the Santa Claus parade yesterday.

Yeah, I saw a few flakes on my car when I went outside. Must have been some VERY shallow LES on the E flow. Low inversion heights yesterday (<2000ft) but we've seen in the past E wind LES prosper in an inhospitable environment.

Today was one of the more interesting days of weather around here since probably sometime back in mid summer. To summarize we started out in the mid 40s just after sunrise. The warm front passed mid morning and with it came increasing amounts of sun. Strong south winds set in and pushed our temp to a record breaking 71 officially at the QC airport (70 here). Then the broken line of supercells blew by depositing about two tenths of rain. The cold front passed soon after sending temps into a tailspin. We were already back into the mid 40s by sundown, and have since dropped back to 33.

:guitar:

Archived