amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
MW/Lakes/OV November 2010 general disco

Hoosier

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had some flurries off and on today and MAN was it cold! Windy all day, max temp 29F. Went and got the Christmas tree...and FROZE. This is now the 4th day of Nov with a T of snow, lets see if the lake can give us a dusting tonight. Positive is the instability and a passing shortwave, not to mention the fact that ANY shower will have no problem sticking...but the big negative is the lack of moisture

Same here. I noticed late this afternoon that many parking lots have patches of ice where puddles froze. That's the first time this season we've had water on the ground stay frozen all day.

We have some pretty good sized puddles around here from the recent heavy rains...and one big one behind where I work sits in the shade, and stayed frozen all day today. Truly a different breed of cold. Short in duration, but nice to see.

We have some pretty good sized puddles around here from the recent heavy rains...and one big one behind where I work sits in the shade, and stayed frozen all day today. Truly a different breed of cold. Short in duration, but nice to see.

Yep. Really shows how fast the ground can cool down too. We were near 70 earlier in the week. Would definitely not have any problem keeping snow on the ground now.

35º for the high at LAF-torcha today. Coldest high since...February 27th (35º as well).

Not so fast it seems. Clouds have moved in and the temp is on the rise here.

EDIT: 36º at 9PM. Watch, we'll hit 40º before midnight at this pace. arrowheadsmiley.png 33.3º on my thermometer...LAF doing what it does best.

FWA had a high of 31 today. Maybe. It had dropped to 27, but is now back up to 31 with the clouds. My weather station hit 32.

I just ran out to my truck and there are snow flakes on the windshield. Another T in the record book.

Cool. We need to break out of the T or 0.something snowfalls...hopefully sometime soon.

FWA had a high of 31 today. Maybe. It had dropped to 27, but is now back up to 31 with the clouds. My weather station hit 32.

I just ran out to my truck and there are snow flakes on the windshield. Another T in the record book.

Dam. Haven't had a flake yet north of you. Had some sleet Wednesday but nothing snow-wise.

Cool. We need to break out of the T or 0.something snowfalls...hopefully sometime soon.

I see 0.2" in your sig..was it backside of Thanksgiving storm?

Yes, we are starting to rack up the T's, but nothing measurable. It will change soon :)

11/5- T (sn)

11/24- T (ip)

11/25- T (ip/sn)

11/26- T (sn)

11/27- probably will have T

I'm not sure why, but I have unexplainable patience with seeing the first appreciable snow for here this winter. I just think we're not far off from seeing some snowy systems for people east of MN (and the LES belts) sometime in the next week or so.

In the meantime, bring on the rain for Mon-Tue.

Archived