• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
MW/Lakes/OV November 2010 general disco

Hoosier

12z NAM increases QPF here with the rainfall tonight/overnight. It's cool and all hoping for heavier rains in the drought zone...but I can see at some point soon, it's going to get a little old talking about rain (i.e. not talking about snow). laugh.gif

If only it was snow we'd all be doing a happy dance because of QPF jump upward.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z NAM increases QPF here with the rainfall tonight/overnight. It's cool and all hoping for heavier rains in the drought zone...but I can see at some point soon, it's going to get a little old talking about rain (i.e. not talking about snow). laugh.gif

Yeah...this will be the 4th big rainstorm in the past 2 weeks (0.74" on 16/17th, 1.13" on 21/22nd, and 0.80" on the 25th), and just a smattering of trace snowfalls. No. More. Rain.

We never were in a drought anyway, but who cares about rain to ease a drought in late November lol? Everything is dead anyway. :thumbsup:

Yeah...this will be the 4th big rainstorm in the past 2 weeks (0.74" on 16/17th, 1.13" on 21/22nd, and 0.80" on the 25th), and just a smattering of trace snowfalls. No. More. Rain.

We never were in a drought anyway, but who cares about rain to ease a drought in late November lol? Everything is dead anyway. :thumbsup:

Well thats somewhat true..... Those of us that live in the country and depend on wells for water see it a bit different...

Well thats somewhat true..... Those of us that live in the country and depend on wells for water see it a bit different...

Yeah, and it's nice just seeing appreciable precipitation again after going through such a long time period with very little.

Solid mid-level overcast here this morning. Radar is pretty empty right now, but should begin filling in pretty quickly by early afternoon. Models gives us a half to three quarters of an inch by tonight. I'm really looking forward to the snow showers and flurries we're going to get tomorrow. It won't be anything that will stick, but it will be nice seeing snow flying again.

If only it was snow we'd all be doing a happy dance because of QPF jump upward.

No doubt.

We're pretty fond of rainfall down here...the more the better. Even if...gasp...it's not snow right now. Plus I like to see the activity lately, which I think bodes well for down the pike. Snowman.gif

Had a few peaks of sun over the last few hours, and that has allowed us to warm up to 50. Pretty impressive band of heavy rain with embedded thunder out in eastern Iowa. Hawkeye oughta be enjoying that.

We got some good lightning and thunder with this line. I've received a bit under a half inch of rain, which is pretty close to what the models were forecasting.

I agree, the SOI has drastically changed over the last two weeks.

Another big storm in the plains and MN... My november to remember call back in August FTW out there.

Well done BowMe.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/dlh/?n=climatefacts2010

Most Consecutive Days With at Least a Trace of Snowfall in Nearly 17 Years at Duluth

At least a trace of snow has fallen at Duluth from November 13th through November 27th, 15 consecutive days. This is the longest such string of days with a reported snowfall since a 32 day stretch which occurred from December 17th, 1993 to January 17th, 1994. A total of 41.4 inches of snow fell in that period.

Ended up with 0.43" of rain today. Most rain we've had around here in quite some time. Temp has risen a few degrees over the last few hours as the front approaches. Now at 48. Temps are really crashing out in Iowa, so expect we'll be down to near freezing by morning. Really looking forward to tomorrow, as it should be a day filled with several bursts of flurries and embedded snow showers. Normally that isn't a big deal at this point in the season, but after such a warm and dry autumn it is.

About 0.25" at LAF from this system, definitely under expectations...but it'll close out a fantastic finish to November in the rainfall department. Hopefully a sign of things to come...only in the frozen form.

Yikes, I wonder what happened. Models had a pretty good consensus of higher amounts.

About 0.25" at LAF from this system, definitely under expectations...but it'll close out a fantastic finish to November in the rainfall department. Hopefully a sign of things to come...only in the frozen form.

I have about 6" of the frozen form from this system and the narrow snow band still sitting right over me...go a county east or west and not near as much...hope the 0Z GGEM is correct for you next week.

Yikes, I wonder what happened. Models had a pretty good consensus of higher amounts.

Sunday's model runs took two different routes with the heavier rains...one west/northwest of us and one south/southeast of us...leaving us in the 0.25-0.50" zone, which worked out quite well in the end. Big fail on the 12z runs from Mon that brought 0.75"+ back into our neck of the woods.

I have about 6" of the frozen form from this system and the narrow snow band still sitting right over me...go a county east or west and not near as much...hope the 0Z GGEM is correct for you next week.

Very nice...enjoy. And yeah the GGEM would be good for us down here. We'll see.

Today sounds like it's gonna get progressively better :)

A chance of rain and snow showers before 9am, then a chance of snow showers and freezing drizzle between 9am and noon, then a chance of snow showers after noon. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 31 by 2pm. West wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

We're still completely in the warm sector, at 44.5 °F on top of the met building after very weak cooling from an entire night. Light rain now, likely from frontogenesis with the front about to hit us.

Its already plowed through far SW WI and should be here quite soon, looks like upper 30s immediately behind the front and then below freezing temps soon after, so the changeover should occur within a couple hours of FROPA. Also, we're probably gonna be depending on daytime instability to get the precip we want, which should actually be no problem.

Archived