joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2015-16 Medium-Long Range Discussion

OHweather

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The CFS is accurate to about 10 days, then it goes down -- dramatically.

We were supposed to torch this month, we are going to end up posting a negative anomaly.

The January bust for this region was inevitable and if you look, it did scale back the + departures pretty dramatically on the runs towards the end of December, just not enough. 

Regardless, could have an interesting pattern coming up in early Feb and depending on cold air available someone in this sub forum might cash in. 

Hearing the EURO is coming in with good snow totals from the lead wave with widespread 6" totals from Chicago to Detroit. Main low is farther south than the GFS and in a better position to eject out in a favorable way for most of us.

Hearing the EURO is coming in with good snow totals from the lead wave with widespread 6" totals from Chicago to Detroit. Main low is farther south than the GFS and in a better position to eject out in a favorable way for most of us.

You, sir, are correct. First wave would be the warmup compared to the low behind it. 

Parallel Euro looks like a stronger version of tomorrow's system for the early Feb system.  All the snows fall from the northwest half of IA up through WI.  Unlike the op Euro, there's not a 2nd system following immediately behind.  The complaint thread would light up like a christmas tree if a scenario like that transpires.  

Parallel Euro looks like a stronger version of tomorrow's system for the early Feb system.  All the snows fall from the northwest half of IA up through WI.  Unlike the op Euro, there's not a 2nd system following immediately behind.  The complaint thread would light up like a christmas tree if a scenario like that transpires.  

It'll be one thing if, assuming the above happened, we actually got into a legit mild pattern akin to December's. 

But yeah, if we go back into a cold/dry pattern like we've had all January, I will definitely have a good rant or two.

It'll be one thing if, assuming the above happened, we actually got into a legit mild pattern akin to December's.

But yeah, if we go back into a cold/dry pattern like we've had all January, I will definitely have a good rant or two.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but didn't you say that you'd be ok with not having a big storm this winter?

Correct. Haven't had a 6"+ storm (setting aside the Jan 2011 LES event) since 2004.

I know you guys haven't had the best run lately, but what about the following storms (and these are only the ones that come to mind):

*February 2013

*GHD 2011

*February 6th, 2008

*GHD 2015

*December 19th, 2008

I know you guys haven't had the best run lately, but what about the following storms (and these are only the ones that come to mind):

*February 2013

*GHD 2011

*February 6th, 2008

*GHD 2015

*December 19th, 2008

Sorry, I should clarify. Have not had a 6"+ storm in January since 2004. It's been an incredibly lame month for us.

Archived