• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2015-16 Medium-Long Range Discussion

OHweather

Cold and snow showers doesn't exactly get me amped, but the pattern does look loaded for a train of clippers and the GFS has been advertising said train for a handful of runs now.

Something something clippers can over-perform something something. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold and snow showers doesn't exactly get me amped, but the pattern does look loaded for a train of clippers and the GFS has been advertising said train for a handful of runs now.

Something something clippers can over-perform something something.

Clippers is such a big maybe. Frequent dusting looks like a good bet. Get ready for bunch of 0.5" daily snowfalls.

Rare JB vid this morning. Basically thinks his Feb being the worst month of the winter call ain't gonna happen. Hints that we get one more cold shot Feb 5th thru 15 then it's over. Unusual to see him wave a white flag like that on winter.

All hail MORCH!

Lol he must be trying reverse psychology to get him some snow mojo. It's unlikely him to do something like that unless there was overwhelming signal for a torch second half of Feb and Mar (which there most certainly is not).

If he is still in state College he is in one of the worst screwzones in this crappy winter, so again, could be reverse psychology.

Lol he must be trying reverse psychology to get him some snow mojo. It's unlikely him to do something like that unless there was overwhelming signal for a torch second half of Feb and Mar (which there most certainly is not).

If he is still in state College he is in one of the worst screwzones in this crappy winter, so again, could be reverse psychology.

There isn't an overwhelming signal for cold either though and if anything after this cold snap 8 days out the pattern would relax back and become more zonal which the GFS is showing late in the run as is the EPS. By that point we are in mid February, the pattern very well could go warmer for the 2nd half of the month after the pattern relaxes.

There isn't an overwhelming signal for cold either though and if anything after this cold snap 8 days out the pattern would relax back and become more zonal which the GFS is showing late in the run as is the EPS. By that point we are in mid February, the pattern very well could go warmer for the 2nd half of the month after the pattern relaxes.

Then it's congrats MSP and MQT after the pattern relaxes...again.

Personally I'm rooting for an early spring, but we can't discount the snowpack this storm will lay down on Iowa and Wisconsin. It certainly can't hurt points south and east should a favorable system materialize.

Bah humbug. We've had snowpack and it hasn't helped steer storms south, or helped us to stay colder. Any time there has been a warmup, it torches. Snowpack doesn't have much power against the raging El Nino and the crappy pattern we've been in.

While 100% percent unscientific the spring barometer is full blown today with the 25 Robins I saw last evening frolicking under a tree feasting on some red fruit like buds. I have no confidence after the next cold spell, 50°F days in early Feb. Come on now who are we kidding, winter will be dead in the next three weeks.

While 100% percent unscientific the spring barometer is full blown today with the 25 Robins I saw last evening frolicking under a tree feasting on some red fruit like buds. I have no confidence after the next cold spell, 50°F days in early Feb. Come on now who are we kidding, winter will be dead in the next three weeks.

A few warm days are common in winter. We have just been spoiled living in the snowbelt tundra recently. I'm not worried about cold returning, im worried whether we get some decent snow with it.

A few warm days are common in winter. We have just been spoiled living in the snowbelt tundra recently. I'm not worried about cold returning, im worried whether we get some decent snow with it.

Yes we will get snow. As long as the lakes are still in business. We will get our daily dusting with incredibly large amounts of salt spread across the roadways until the pattern shifts it's attention back to the western sub forum.

Archived