joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2015-16 Medium-Long Range Discussion

OHweather

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite possible, especially if the Nino fade isn't delayed. 

Sowing the seeds for another Hoosier forecast of a hyper hot/dry summer. :lol:

But back on thread topic, the day 6-7 mauler on the 12z Euro looks sorta interesting. Not that any model can be counted on...

Sowing the seeds for another Hoosier forecast of a hyper hot/dry summer. :lol:

But back on thread topic, the day 6-7 mauler on the 12z Euro looks sorta interesting. Not that any model can be counted on...

I don't know about hyper hot/dry but warmer than average should be favored at this point.  No guarantees of course.

I don't know about hyper hot/dry but warmer than average should be favored at this point.  No guarantees of course.

I guess you probably need to root for the COLA CCSM3 model.

http://iri.columbia.edu/our-expertise/climate/forecasts/enso/current/

Regardless, Nino still going strong...no pun intended. It'll be interesting to see the ENSO evolution through Spring and Summer.

For those looking for snow chances. CPC showing wetter around the Lakes.

610prcp.new.gif

814prcp.new.gif

Looks like the forecast for the polar vortex is to break off a piece into Greenland, and eastern CA along with a piece in the North Atlantic or western Europe.

So, has anyone seen Accuweather's spring forecast? *chuckles* In case you want to look/read: http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/2016-us-spring-forecast-march-snow-northeast-widespread-severe-weather-april/55085474

Not quite sure if this is the right place to put this, but since we haven't started a spring disco, I thought I'd just stop by. 

So, has anyone seen Accuweather's spring forecast? *chuckles* In case you want to look/read: http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/2016-us-spring-forecast-march-snow-northeast-widespread-severe-weather-april/55085474

Not quite sure if this is the right place to put this, but since we haven't started a spring disco, I thought I'd just stop by. 

Got a chuckle out of the summer like warmth on the map. I think that Morch was a once in 50 year event or so for this region. Hard to repeat that.

Phil must have created that forecast! :lmao:

Hard for me to get too excited about this potential clipper pattern coming up.  Every one misses well northeast towards the eastern lakes.  Euro shows something potentially early next week further southwest, but it's sort of on its own.

EDIT:  Guess the GEM shows something similar as well.  

GFS sort of has it also. Bunch of -SN patches rotating around a L.

I know it's hard to be excited about small snow systems, when one big one goes to the north and one huge one goes up the East Coast.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_ncus_27.png

I'm super hyped about the NW flow and clippers.

Are you actually? Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... :) Looks like the only way we're going to get much snow in almost all of Michigan at one time...

18Z GFS gives MBY 12.8 inches from multiple clippers and LES. I will take it.

Gives me almost 2 feet, but let's see how much that changes...

very interesting look of a slowly rotating L on some of the models next week.

GRR NWS talked about this in their evening discussion. Would make for some nice prolonged periods of snows.

0Z GFS looks very interesting next Tuesday

Looks like a couple days of off and on snow showers or flurries. Pretty typical outside the belts for lower Michigan.

Looks like a moisture starved low and the GFS is over doing the qpf atp.

I just don't buy this system without any major moisture source to feed into the storm unless you are near a snowbelt . The EC storm won't help out the cause.

The good news it's 150+ hrs out. :)

Man if we can get it colder aloft by 2-4 degrees that could be an epic multi-day LES event on the west end of Lk Ontario on D6-7.

Good eye. The euro has prolonged easterly flow from D5-D7 with 850's between -6 and -9c. 700mb RH values are AOA 50%. Not sure on shear values but looks like something to watch.

Archived