Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2015-16 Medium-Long Range Discussion

OHweather

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have pictures of chihuahuas in sunglasses and rose petal glasses and you are concerned about my weather centric hobby that requires a phenomenon that this entire forum was created for.

I think it's cool you have such a passion for this hobby. Nothing wrong with your posts about sledding.

I think it's cool you have such a passion for this hobby. Nothing wrong with your posts about sledding.

I think people are grumpy over the EC storm. I honestly don't care. There are places getting dumped on all over the country, every day. This is just a highly populated spot, so we hear more about it.

Alek, I think that you know your meteorology, but I've got agree with dmc. I wouldn't be surprised to see a clipper or two late next week.

i'm not saying clippers won't happen but they'll be winter 2015-2016 clippers, not the proper clipper trains we saw years past. The thermal gradient just isn't there for dynamic systems.

New Euro looks pretty similar to previous runs, and also sort of comparable to GFS/GEM.  Still looks like a widespread 1-3" type snow generally north of I-80.  Looks like some areas start as rain or a mix before transitioning over.  Looks like best snows fall from northern IA/MN through WI into lower MI.  

At least it's showing consistently on the GFS.

Early week system could easily become a 3-6" event. All depends on what the East Coast system does.

Early week system has been showing up consistently and seems to be getting more aggressive with precip amounts. I'd be thrilled to get 3-4" at this point.

I don't know, I think we've turned a corner with big cutter systems heading into the western and central Great Lakes for awhile. Most of the GFS runs on that storm have been wintry for most of us. The PNA is supposed to relax by that time, so that should help.

Clippers are at least consistent snow producers, if not always heavy.  And there is always the chance that they over perform.  They are the most reliable synoptic events by far, so I'd take my chances.

Honestly our best shot at decent snow here in central Ohio is with clippers.

Archived