joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2015-16 Medium-Long Range Discussion

OHweather

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be really something if a blizzard hits on February 2nd again. 3rd time in 5 years!

Yes, that date is almost becoming eery lol. Some have compared this winter to 06-07, super Nino aside, but pertaining the December warmth. We all know what happened February 07 lol! One can dream.

I've never seen Central illinois in a 20" jackpot on any run, besides GHDI.

12z GFS medium range somehow even worse

we really just need to nuke this whole pattern

There has been a pretty good signal of a pattern change and potential system in 10-15 days. I would be looking at the first week of February for the next big dog potential for the subforum. As long as the -PNA comes back we will have a chance for something good.

There has been a pretty good signal of a pattern change and potential system in 10-15 days. I would be looking at the first week of February for the next big dog potential for the subforum. As long as the -PNA comes back we will have a chance for something good.

yeah, would love a massive torch and cutter over MSP to just blow this whole thing up

yeah, would love a massive torch and cutter over MSP to just blow this whole thing up

That is one option on the table, the main key though is the strong trough that drops into the west around day 9-10. That trough has been on the models for a while now going back about 12 runs and it originates out of a 200+ kt jet that comes off of Japan in about 4 days, with that in mind the credibility of a potential change is higher than normal even at a day 10 projection as the originating pieces form in just a few days.

Are there people hoping to pop a ridge in the east during the month of January?

First question: How is that a good thing? Typically we roast for weeks on end, have a cutter scoot up to the west of us and wake up the next day with frozen puddles and 10F.

Are there people hoping to pop a ridge in the east during the month of January?

First question: How is that a good thing? Typically we roast for weeks on end, have a cutter scoot up to the west of us and wake up the next day with frozen puddles and 10F.

Well you see the system for Friday, that's what a trough in the east does. Are you rooting for more misses and east coast hits?

Well you see the system for Friday, that's what a trough in the east does. Are you rooting for more misses and east coast hits?

Preferably, I'd like there to be more snow on the ground before a cold pattern locks in. That didn't happen. Of course I'd like to be in the bullseye, but a miss to the south is preferred over a +20 melt pattern that wipes out the entire midwest snowpack and leaves my butt at home on the couch every weekend until summer.

Archived