• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2015-16 Medium-Long Range Discussion

OHweather

Preferably, I'd like there to be more snow on the ground before a cold pattern locks in. That didn't happen. Of course I'd like to be in the bullseye, but a miss to the south is preferred over a +20 melt pattern that wipes out the entire midwest snowpack and leaves my butt at home on the couch every weekend until summer.

Well for the rest of us that would like a chance at a big storm, we'll take the risk.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preferably, I'd like there to be more snow on the ground before a cold pattern locks in. That didn't happen. Of course I'd like to be in the bullseye, but a miss to the south is preferred over a +20 melt pattern that wipes out the entire midwest snowpack and leaves my butt at home on the couch every weekend until summer.

Feb could go either way. I'd lean more to the torchy side at this point.

Feb could go either way. I'd lean more to the torchy side at this point.

The CFS has January torching and that failed to produce as I predicted. In fact we are most likely going to have a below normal January.

El Nino crapped up December, but I think its effects have been overpowered by the northern jet.

The GFS does look a bit less than stellar after 200 hrs.

Question is what happens after hr 240. Euro is lowering heights out west, at hr 240+, which seems to jive with the other global models. Unfortunately, as we all know, everything is a crap shoot at that range. However, if it happens, we have a "chance" at something interesting in the first week of February. 

Until then, quasi-NW flow it is with a few semi-interesting ripples. 

Archived