• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
'10-'11 Total to date

weatherMA

ahh right okay...so maybe a few more inches than the 40-41 I was thinking.

That event wasn't very memorable, lol. But they add up eventually.

Even ORH airport still has "M" as the snowfall for Dec 23rd...I wonder if its just going to be left like that and they never bother to put in a total for that day (should be around 1" or a bit less). They also grossly under measured yesterday with 3.6" when every single town in every direction bordering them reported at least 6". They did measure about 1.5" more than me in the blizzard though to partially make up for it, so the seasonal total is only like 2" apart from mine.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35.2". Normal season is 87.3", split almost exactly between ONDJ (43.6") and FMAM (43.7"). 12-yr avg thru Jan. 19 is 37.9", so I'm almost 3" under. 19th isn't over yet, and there is some light snow forecast for aft/eve here.

Lake Arrowhead probably averages about 75" - just a guess - so Eric's 30.2" might be the only other sub-avg (for this point in the season) total posted so far. We're catching up, though, and I finally had a storm where more fell IMBY than in AUG. :thumbsup:

can you lay that out?

I was only thinking about 40-41" in Woonsocket..

2" November snowfall?

13" Boxing Day

2.5" Friday through Sunday for NORLUN event

18" January 12

4.5" January 18

Am I missing something in there?

Boxing Day Blizzard - 12.5"

Blizzard of 2011 - 22.0"

Yesterday - 4.5" (Bogus For sure but....)

I have about 10" total from all other storms, all smaller than 2.5" thoough, mostly in December, and I'd think they would have very similar.

The legit total for BDLas far as i am concerned is under 40 inches....they have easily overmeasured by a foot plus

I currently have 41.1 for BDL. I unofficially have fixed the two glaring errors they have made, my total is much much closer to reality than the "official" total. As you say it could even be a touch lower than that.

17 inches. Pretty sad. Although the upper parts of Newport have had upwards of 22 inches. Other than the Islands this is probably the lowest total in New England including the Outer Cape.

How much did you get in the Dec storm last year..that one was a total on the coast snow bomb...i know pt judith had like twenty plus and charlestown and westerly were all in the twenty inch range

The legit total for BDLas far as i am concerned is under 40 inches....they have easily overmeasured by a foot plus

In Springfield I have 31 inches for the season so far..normal is 50 inches for entire season. Last season 22 inches entire season 09-10. I too measure depth after a storm so realistically could be closer to 34 or 35 inches but I am just not comfortable yet doing six hour segments.

:lol: This is my 11th season of measuring depth..makes my records feel tainted.

How much did you get in the Dec storm last year..that one was a total on the coast snow bomb...i know pt judith had like twenty plus and charlestown and westerly were all in the twenty inch range

I would say 18-19. It wasn't one of my favorites because the snow was so light and fluffy and the day after Christmas just about all of it was gone. But you're right, other than January 2005 this was one of the few storms over the past decade where the South Coast has jackpotted.

17 inches.  Pretty sad.  Although the upper parts of Newport have had upwards of 22 inches.  Other than the Islands this is probably the lowest total in New England including the Outer Cape.
I would say the relative screw area spans from SE RI into SE coastal Mass to about the canal and just over...also the Islands. Upper/Mid cape is doing a bit better from what I understand. The Dec 19th storm really helped. mby has about 23" - not sure about messengers..I'm guessing something similar to that.

1.5" November storm

5" Boxing Day (not my measurement)

3" (the thing before the norlun)

4" (norlun)

14.5" (1/11)

1"? yesterday (turned to slush before I woke up)

so around 29" which is already above the average for my area of ~25-27"

The Norlun was the first event, on Friday 1/7. The second event was a weak coastal that brushed your area the day afterwards, 1/8.

I would guess you average 27-28" since you're a bit inland from GON. Anyway you put it, we're all way above average this season on the coastal plain.

Not SNE, but I've had 34.5" on the year here in Southern Westchester.

Yes, accuracy FTW. Any 43-45" amounts along the coast of CT that have been reported are pure bunk.

I'm hoping for 50" by the end of January...

:snowman:

:lmao: :lmao: I agree, could you imagine a town along a 110 mile+ stretch of land adjacent to a body of water having a difference of 3-5 inches of snow, especially with 3 different mesoscale events, and a couple deformation bands that sat in any one spot for 3 hours++/

3.5 inches would be impossible. LOL :lmao: :lmao:

in the norlun it was amazing, i only had a little over 3 inches while properties in Norwalk north of rte 1 had 7+ and a few miles ne of me had over 9, while here and coastal westport easily had the least, sometimes you jackpot other times you get the shaft just the way it is.

Quite impressive so far here in Southbury, CT. 62.6" on the year and 46.2" in January thanks to 15.5" during the 1/7 event and getting 28" on 1/11-12. It's not often I have nearly 2x as much snow as Caribou, ME (LOL)!

Guilford has been doing well also with 48.3" on the year and 33" in January.

I would guess you average 27-28" since you're a bit inland from GON. Anyway you put it, we're all way above average this season on the coastal plain.

Yes and GON averaged a mere 22" in the last 40 years since 1970, and 24.5" since 1948. BDR averaged 29" and that is well west of here and is often snow when eastern CT is rain. So I feel fairly confident it is between 25-27". But thank you for your input on my climo.

Archived