joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fwiw the "Snow fall accumulation inches" part of Huff's site shows a good hit from this GFS run from Western NC...moving ne through Central, and NE VA, and continues NE through Md and NJ, except for Jrz coast. Again, I don't know how conservative or not this tool is, but it shows a nice hit nonetheless.

I'll just throw this out there, for sh*ts and giggles. I've noticed that the models, the NAM especially, tend to have the 850's modeled too high back in my area when precip is moving in from the south. The exact same thing happened last Monday. 3 days out, the NAM had the 850 line in central PA. By game time it was all the way to the NC border (in western Va), and snow was the primary precip here. I know this doesn't necessarily apply in the 95 corridor, but any of us in western va, hagerstown, martinsburg, I think, would kill for the NAM to be correct and take our chances with p-type.

This obsession over rain/snow at this stage seems way premature and a futile exercise till there is more consensus. Everyone should just be happy we are still in the game for perhaps some snow instead of moving in the other direction.

544 thicknesses in Jan around here is snow.

I agree.

Look at the Western shore MD sounidng I posted, one can do the math. Indeed, 544 decameters between 1000 and 500 mb levels, but that is because the low levels are relatively warm. Relatively warm, but mostly below freezing. GFS forecast 2 meter temp is less than 33ºF in 96 hours at the height of the storm.

Archived