The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:unsure:

Really?

no, he's lying to make you ask stupid questions

i never said it was really warm just too warm.. when i said west of the blue ridge i meant just west of the blue ridge. i was off a few miles apparently.

no, he's lying to make you ask stupid questions

i never said it was really warm just too warm.. when i said west of the blue ridge i meant just west of the blue ridge. i was off a few miles apparently.

Do not get frustrated IAN everyone is just crazy cranky waiting for some snow and they are taking it out on you :arrowhead: .

Do not get frustrated IAN everyone is just crazy cranky waiting for some snow and they are taking it out on you :arrowhead: .

it's cool. h5 looks great for now. it's really hard to ignore that there is no cold high (or well that it's pumping air off the ocean after drifting there). sometimes these dynamic situations dont need textbook.. fingers crossed i guess. it's good to have the euro and gfs so close tho 3 days out plenty can go wrong.

bed time.

it's cool. h5 looks great for now. it's really hard to ignore that there is no cold high (or well that it's pumping air off the ocean after drifting there). sometimes these dynamic situations dont need textbook.. fingers crossed i guess. it's good to have the euro and gfs so close tho 3 days out plenty can go wrong.

bed time.

Thanks, get some rest you will sure as hell need it the next 3 days.

I'd say that if anything, the Euro is supporting a quick bursting trend in the direction of snow for the past couple model runs. It sounds like the H5 track is very similar, and like this past Tuesday, the Euro is scorching surface temps. This is the exact kind of trend we needed to bring it back in the game. 1.5 850 at DCA is extremely interesting, especially when the Euro shows the 0C line near Blue Ridge mts. Sketchy stuff...very excited for incoming data.

GGEM and Euro ensemble means are east of op for each model for 0Z run.  Both models keep 850's at or below 0 at DC/BWI.<br />6Z NAM looks whacked.  Slower and colder.  If things keep getting pushed back, this could become the Valentine's Day storm of 2011. Actually, 6Z NAM looks like it would go way east of the 0Z run-------? OTS

MDstorm

GGEM and Euro ensemble means are east of op for each model for 0Z run.  Both models keep 850's at or below 0 at DC/BWI.<br />6Z NAM looks whacked.  Slower and colder.  If things keep getting pushed back, this could become the Valentine's Day storm of 2011. Actually, 6Z NAM looks like it would go way east of the 0Z run-------? OTS

dT is forecasting a major storm Feb 2-4. Maybe its this one. 84 nam has no precip north of the low

MDstorm

What a disaster on the Gfs. Terrible model consistency

The 500's looked screwy leading up to the storm. Was a whole different look from what all the models have been/are showing. Best bet is probably looking at the ensembles when they come out. Doubt we see that 500 setup with them.

Edit: Actually the 06Z Nam had a somewhat similar look. So who knows.

No matter what happens, this is a pattern-changer. It *has* to be.

I hope you're right. I hope the new pattern is mid 50's and sunny. With no chance of snow I don't give a .... This tracking of fantasy, maybe, snows sucks. Then to top it all off, you can't get two runs in a row that look anything like each other.

Seems logical to me that when you see two models make fantastic changes like the NAM and GFS did overnight, that new data might be the culprit. Newer meaning better. Now, I don't know that that is the case, but it seems like a logical reason. It's still over 3 days out, so I won't give up.

I hope you're right. I hope the new pattern is mid 50's and sunny. With no chance of snow I don't give a .... This tracking of fantasy, maybe, snows sucks. Then to top it all off, you can't get two runs in a row that look anything like each other.

Seems logical to me that when you see two models make fantastic changes like the NAM and GFS did overnight, that new data might be the culprit. Newer meaning better. Now, I don't know that that is the case, but it seems like a logical reason. It's still over 3 days out, so I won't give up.

East stays cold. No pattern change here.

Unfortunately. I guess I shouldn't be so down. Next model runs may be something completely different.

Which is my frustration trying to watch these forums and a novice weather fan and snow advocate. While there's plenty of great analysis on the models by the resident mets (as well as analysis on what the models don't show), I know I can just tune back in tomorrow and have the models show something totally different.

I guess that's why Mother Nature is a woman :devilsmiley:

Archived