e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 11-12 Snowmageddon disco- III

stratuslove

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In reality for all the yapping this morning about how the other models were terrible and the NAM was the balls (it did well with the track)....if we're running 20 to 1 ratios everywhere out that way and west...ALL the models that put down .9 to 1.50/1.7 in that whole area, and across the state nailed it....

At 20 to 1, the NAM had some spots with 2 to 2.5 I think...not sure I've seen 50" reports anywhere yet.

Pretty sure my 20 .5 is about 12-1 , it started dry but after 8 or so it got wet and heavy for the next 6 then 7 dry, this last batch is blowing and drifting.

Man...the snow at the end of the driveway from the flows was about 5ft high! Luckily our next door neighbor snowblowed it for us...THANK GOD. Our downstairs neighbor, his girlfriend and kid shoveled the sidewalk on the main street so all that's left is the sidewalk on the side street...about halfway done with that...with a good 3-4ft on there.

I'm going to need a good back rub after...and some beer...thinking of either getting a Steel Reserve or a 12-pack of Miller Lite.

Great storm... not Jan 2005 by any means for Boston metro (pasty wet snow instead of big powdery drifting stuff, not that windy, a solid foot vs. > 20") but still very impressive.

The most impressive dynamics including embedded thunder actually occurred in the first 6 hours of the storm... the "CCB from hell" was somewhat less spectacular than advertised for Eastern Mass.

And still seeking that elusive footage of thundersnow in the Boston metro.

In any case, thanks to all the mets / hobbyists who contributed with excellent discussions, including ORH, Typhoon Tip, Messenger, Coastal, 40/70, Wiz, Fella...

I love this stuff. Until next time...

smile.gif

I measured 28 here in Wallingford. Looks like Northern New Haven County was the jackpot in CT.

...NEW HAVEN COUNTY...

NORTH HAVEN 29.5 1120 AM 1/12 PUBLIC

MERIDEN 29.0 120 PM 1/12 SKYWARN SPOTTER

SOUTHBURY 28.0 1120 AM 1/12 PUBLIC

CHESHIRE 25.5 300 PM 1/12 PUBLIC

GUILFORD 24.5 300 PM 1/12 PUBLIC

NORTH BRANFORD 24.0 1240 PM 1/12 PUBLIC

Great storm... not Jan 2005 by any means for Boston metro (pasty wet snow instead of big powdery drifting stuff, not that windy, a solid foot vs. > 20") but still very impressive.

The most impressive dynamics including embedded thunder actually occurred in the first 6 hours of the storm... the "CCB from hell" was somewhat less spectacular than advertised for Eastern Mass.

And still seeking that elusive footage of thundersnow in the Boston metro.

In any case, thanks to all the mets / hobbyists who contributed with excellent discussions, including ORH, Typhoon Tip, Messenger...

I love this stuff. Until next time...

smile.gif

Look for the old man with the light colored golden retriever walking past your house on weekend days. Today I took her to the park at the end of Aspinwall and then in the woods in JP near the Riverway. Passing this little pond as the nice mid afternoon band moved in....here's one picture taken among others.

Snow kicked my ass, big time today. Like an idiot, I waited to long to do the snow throwing. The snow level was over the intake chute, which meant a whole lot of doing things twice. Not to mention our "L" shaped driveway doesn't make for good throwing of snow - I always have to go over my tracks anyway becuase the snow doesn't chute far enough out.

Eventful 3 days. Went to bed at 2 after throwing a nutty on the board in the hour prior over bl temps. I saw 12/30/00 and had the noose fit and tightened.......actually stated I'd move to FL if this turned to rain....

Walk up after at most 2.5-3 hours sleep to whiteout conds. Hours later did a 5 mile dog walk in the woods where I sent one post. Then shoveled for like 2 hours. Clearing the plow stuff is a pita. But when all was said and done....I looked in the mirror and said....not bad for a guy in his mid 60s. No sleep, heavy snow walk of 5 miles including climbing small hills, shoveling....not too shabby for 64.

So I'll say it again...

Long.....live.....winter!!!!!!!!!!

Eventful 3 days. Went to bed at 2 after throwing a nutty on the board in the hour prior over bl temps. I saw 12/30/00 and had the noose fit and tightened.......actually stated I'd move to FL if this turned to rain....

Walk up after at most 2.5-3 hours sleep to whiteout conds. Hours later did a 5 mile dog walk in the woods where I sent one post. Then shoveled for like 2 hours. Clearing the plow stuff is a pita. But when all was said and done....I looked in the mirror and said....not bad for a guy in his mid 60s. No sleep, heavy snow walk of 5 miles including climbing small hills, shoveling....not too shabby for 64.

So I'll say it again...

Long.....live.....winter!!!!!!!!!!

What's your total. I think 13.3 will do it.

Archived