e46ds1x
January 11-12 Snowstorm Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as the sun goes down it's time to hide the women and children

pete's heavy heavy winter is upon us......last chance for any and all to repent

most everyone at this point is jackpot hunting.....W/CT berks? LWM to ORH to C Ct. ? NW RI to N. shore?

wondering wether i go to bed at 10-11 or just pull and all nighter. it looks like GFS gets precip in here faster tonite.

Tip, if I may. Any thoughts on Upton's reasoning re blizzard-like vs. blizzard warnings along the CT shore?

It's meteorologically sound... the best wind will probably not coincide with the heavy fall rates for that zone(s)... Not so up around eastren Mass however -

the RGEM/GFS and EURO are now generally in very decent agreement regarding max qpf

E half of CT- SE MA - Boston corridor

of course banding potential to areas a bit NW of there will need to be watched

Yeah that's the low level forcing, like we had from the 12/26 storm. I just don't know how that will play out, but the meso models are showing this. It makes me feel better for BOS.

CT school closings starting to roll in right on schedule. At least there's some sense in it this time around...schools east of the river are the first to pull the trigger (i.e. Norwich, Groton, East Lyme).

Not as big of a shift west as I had hoped for on the GFS. The 0.75-1" zone shifts west to encompass all of CT...but the 1"+ zone barely moved.

Still...I'd be happy with some sort of compromise between NAM and GFS...which would still give 10-16" for most of the state, and confine the 20" lollies to the eastern third.

At least back here it's nice to see the GFS tuck QPF back west 18 hours before the height of the storm.

I think given the amount of forcing we're looking at the GFS is too weak.

Did you get a chance to see the 12z NAM bufkit for BDL? I posted the image earlier.

Had 60 units of omega cutting right into the best snow growth zone!

Chills right now watching him..just epicness

He's been in office a matter of days and saw what just happened to Bloomberg politically with the Blizzard. I know this guy a bit personally and he has tremendous political instincts. Prepare for a lockdown. State of Emergency is about politics first and weather second.

RGEM looks very near ACK and then near or just east of elbow. That's a nice track for ern areas, if it happens.

It's really good to see this all pull together. Probably one more move tonight and then we should for the most part settle in.

Very neat water vapor...if you look due east of the Delmarva.....a lot of the moisture is rocketing ENE but note the increasing moisture that's heading north. Don't see that too often on the wv

http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/satellite/displaySat.php?region=ALB&itype=wv&size=large&endDate=20110108&endTime=-1&duration=5

Archived