Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January 11-12 Snowstorm Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I'll ever beat the 27.5'' from Feb 06

Hockey is like my second life...I LOVE hockey. I need to watch it.

feb 06 you got 28?

where were you?

i was in manahattan enjoying the TSSN.....my gf lived in Norwalk CT they got a dumping too but i dont know what the exact total was.

i didnt think central/eastern areas of the state did as well?

My very first post here, I live up in the Worcester hills and feeling good about this storm.

Anyways, I've noticed talk elsewhere regarding the Low over the Ohio Valley being stronger than modeled and this possibly throwing a monkey wrench into our big storm chances. You guys clearly know your stuff, anyone seriously concerned about this?

Welcome!

I wonder where any little screwzone will be? Not that someone gets 7" while others get 20", but it seemingly could be two jackpots. One with the intense forcing and waa in CT and up through adjacent RI and MA, and the other perhaps further nw, and associated with mid level frontogenesis and even a trowal feature wrapping in from NNE. I just wonder how this will all play out, but it's probably safe to say, many near the BOS and PVD corridor on west will see at least a foot. I could extend this to Bob, but the NAM makes me a little uneasy for that area. It still could be possible with such a mega front end, or if the SREFs verify. Snowman.gif

Good point. I can certainly tell you where I hope it sets up.

I wonder where any little screwzone will be? Not that someone gets 7" while others get 20", but it seemingly could be two jackpots. One with the intense forcing and waa in CT and up through adjacent RI and MA, and the other perhaps further nw, and associated with mid level frontogenesis and even a trowal feature wrapping in from NNE. I just wonder how this will all play out, but it's probably safe to say, many near the BOS and PVD corridor on west will see at least a foot. I could extend this to Bob, but the NAM makes me a little uneasy for that area. It still could be possible with such a mega front end, or if the SREFs verify. Snowman.gif

:drunk:

BDL may come up with 30" from this storm!

:o :o :o

feb 06 you got 28?

where were you?

i was in manahattan enjoying the TSSN.....my gf lived in Norwalk CT they got a dumping too but i dont know what the exact total was.

West Hartford, was under the CCB band that dumped 14'' of snow in 3 hours.

We'll see in the end. As I've said before, 70% in the NAM camp is where I think this ends up which would get me about 16-18" (major, but not historic, but more than the 10-12" that the GFS/Euro gives me. I think it would be a big mistake to 100% discount the NAM like some may be doing.

quote name='messenger' timestamp='1294778913' post='272904']

Leesun, all I'm saying is the NAM has been the least consistent of any model aloft. If the roles were reversed and the Euro and GFS were showing this mega hit and the RGEM/NAM were not it wouldn't even be a question, there would be a thousand reasons why the euro is best inside of 48 hours etc.

Hey I hope you're right I'd like to see this craziness on the NAM, but the NAM is about 3 hours away in terms of timing at 5h and it's then much closer to the Euro.GFS

The difference between today and 3 days ago is the m/l was already on an ENE trajectory so when the jump came later than modeled we ended up with the CCB between here and N.S. This whole system is moving NE, so the only difference would be to focus more QPF into E NNE and less to the SW but nobody should get screwed aside of the fringes. Kind of what it has done the last two runs. To assume it would continue is foolish, assuming it won't is foolish too in light of the other guidance saying it will. We just need to way and see the radar/wv/0z. The surface track is going to be independent of what goes on at 500/700 to some degree in terms of dry slotting and what not.

Let's hope the bleed NE stops with the 18z GFS and we see a tick back.

But this isn't about a miss vs hit, it's about the NAM historic snows and the euro historic snows just a little east.

feb 06 you got 28?

where were you?

We got about 16" in Middletown. A very good storm, but it was excruciating watching the mega band camp out just a few miles to our west and drop 28". Dec 19th 2009 was the opposite; we got about 6 inches and towns less than 10 miles east got 20 inches. I wonder if we'll get in on the band this time around.

Archived