Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 11-12 Snowstorm Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not angry- just a discussion between people w/ opposing views. I do not understand why you are constantly bashing the NAM. Actually I do. I does hav a way of being out to lunch sometimes. But at times you have to respect it. I think it verifies closer than the globals here. Especially when it's in agreement w/ the WRF and RGEM

How will they be tumbled? I think everyone here is in agreement that 6-12/8-16 is going to fall. There will likely be a 10-20" stripe as well, the question is near Bob, or near Hartford?

Tell the people in Northern Jersey the NAM has been most consisent after the 18z. Their snowstorm totals just took a hit as the NAM failed to materialize the black hole off the coast for another few hours. It'll keep doing this I think for a bit until it agrees with the others....

But either way, kind of aggressive/angry on your part.

I'm the last one to ever follow the Euro and it rains on me. So it's not like I'm advocating an IMBY.

No, not angry- just a discussion between people w/ opposing views. I do not understand why you are constantly bashing the NAM. Actually I do. I does hav a way of being out to lunch sometimes. But at times you have to respect it. I think it verifies closer than the globals here. Especially when it's in agreement w/ the WRF and RGEM

Well I don't think anyone is going all NAM right now.

NAM has burned many of us too many times. I feel comfortable with 12"+ now even without the NAM in my corner.

Ya know, this is pretty frustrating. I have a snow bubble right over my head I guess. When I was in Newton for the Boxing Day Blizzard, I recorded about 9 inches while back where I live in NJ got 18. Now, I'm back home in NJ and many of you may see a foot and a half. Bravo, and as they say, schadenfreude! :drunk:

NWS sez I can haz snow thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Tonight: Snow, mainly after 9pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 26. East wind 5 to 8 mph increasing to between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow, mainly before 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 32. Breezy, with a north wind between 17 and 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

NAM has been the most consistent throughout the evolution of this storm (18z runs aside). As Tip has said a number of times, it is the better equipped model for these situations. The GFS/Euro huggers will be humbled when this is all over

Save your breath. Chinese finger trap.

Upton just upped Fairfield, Middlesex, New London and New Haven counties to 18-24"+ with thunderstorms

Yeah not sure I like that idea. I would have just left it - don't think we'll have a widespread foot tonight and an additional one tomorrow morning. This thing is forecast to wind down midday, so two feet in roughly 12 hours?

Not going all NAM but a 70/30 weighted to the NAM/RGEM seems reasonable to me

quote name='CT Rain' timestamp='1294777376' post='272683']

Well I don't think anyone is going all NAM right now.

NAM has burned many of us too many times. I feel comfortable with 12"+ now even without the NAM in my corner.

Archived