Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January General Banter Thread II

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total FAIL in Aiken/Edgefield north of I-20. One band of snow and nothing but a little sleet and flurries since. Lucky to push half of inch together. Lots of dry slots. Actually pretty much been a dry slot all night with a stray flurry all night.

GSP has me getting five more inches of snow with 100% chance until 5pm. What are they seeing on the radar i'm not? :arrowhead: I'd LOVE five more inches of snow. :thumbsup::snowman:

thats exactly what i was just wondering and posted in the other thread! that heavier stuff near gainesville seems to dry up as it approaches (its still snowing, just not as hard as it would under those bands :devilsmiley: )

if any of those can hold out we could easily get a couple of more inches. fingers are crossed

jeesh - i need a nap! been up all night but cant sleep yet :scooter:

I agree with that. The massive fail on predicting that one in 2000 is why I take their forecasts with a grain of salt now when it comes to snow. I remember how they originally said we'd be lucky to get an inch or two, only to keep changing it every few hours. They basically had to say then that they had no clue how bad it was going to eventually get when all was said and done while it was still coming down.

And the same thing with the ice storm of Dec 02. That wasn't supposed to be anything but a minor event and we know how that turned out. And then there are the other times when the forecast was for a big storm and we got squat.

But this looks like it might end up being a big fail. A lot of hype the last week and when it comes down to it we won't get anything much. Maybe we can get an inch out of it and some ice on top to at least make it interesting and get out of work early today and not have to go in tomorrow. If we don't get anything at all, I'm blaming the dookies in Durham.

Archived