12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January General Banter Thread II

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Rosie, What about 441 thru Clayton to 975 thru Gainesville. This is their usual route.

Depending on the accums, & ice, 441 could be a Charlie Foxtrot come Tuesday morning. I'd not be traveling anywhere that day, personally, but it COULD potentially be ok. If atlanta gets 6" of snow, hartsfield could be shut down, to, especially if they get a lot of ice on the back end.

Why do you spend so much time in the East, do you work over here or something. I take it you are in New Bern now, but not on a sailboat... They were treating 264 here on Thursday well ahead of the failed clipper. Have not seen any trucks out since then but imagine they are doing the same. 264 is the only road near me that gets any attention, the rural secondary I live off of never gets touched.

I live in the triangle and am building a house in New Bern (Bridgeton/Fairfield Harbor). I was staying in the house we were working on but we have finally deconstructed the house so bad that I cannot stay there anymore. So... We have rented a sailboat for $100/week in Fairfield Harbour / Blackbeard. My boss is a member and stays down here also. Fully stocked clubhouse and heated bathhouse/showers. Could be better but a job is a job...

Our main roads --- 70 and 70Bus, should be OK for a while tomorrow... they brined them before the nothing Friday storm, and rebrined them again this afternoon. Of course, if we DO get anything substantial, we're locked in for a few days, since they don't treat, plow, or visit any of the side roads outside of town limits.

Our main roads --- 70 and 70Bus, should be OK for a while tomorrow... they brined them before the nothing Friday storm, and rebrined them again this afternoon. Of course, if we DO get anything substantial, we're locked in for a few days, since they don't treat, plow, or visit any of the side roads outside of town limits.

Clayton had the turns lanes completely COVERED. not so much on the roads... especially east.

Would you like to go back to the before-subforum way of doing things? :P

Me personally? Yes. I'll tell you why. I was much more aware of what was going on in other parts of the east coast. I'd pick and choose threads that caught my interest. Learned some pretty interesting things. Now I rarely venture into other subforums so that wider view is lost to me. I did at first but it was a lot more time consuming than just scrolling down a main page picking and choosing what interested me. I've gotten used to it but know I'm missing out on things I'd read if I saw them.

Clayton had the turns lanes completely COVERED. not so much on the roads... especially east.

You were here and didn't stop by?:thumbsdown:

Hard to figure out what the brining pattern is around here... no continuity to it at all. Inside lane, turn lanes, outside lane... and let's scatter a little more sand at this traffic light to make it look safe.

It is not rocket science... Observation in the obs thread. Discussions in the disco thread and weenie banter in the banter thread. Quit yer bitchin. :P

I posted this previously in the other thread, but apparently it got deleted. Is there ANY way to better identify the threads if we are going to have multiple threads. Something like starting them with [OBS] [MET] or something. Its hard to keep track of these threads when they all start with essentially the same thing.

You were here and didn't stop by?:thumbsdown:

Hard to figure out what the brining pattern is around here... no continuity to it at all. Inside lane, turn lanes, outside lane... and let's scatter a little more sand at this traffic light to make it look safe.

Sounds about right. I was coming down a road near my house yesterday and a DOT driver was stopped in the middle of road just flooding the street with brine.... Pretty safe to say that spot will not be icy.

Archived