northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January General Banter Thread II

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe there is still hope for a little something. From the main thread.

I don't know if there has ever been a major winter storm that hit every state in the south hard except the north carolina piedmont. However, both the nam and gfs have increased amounts over the central/eastern nc. It doesn't look like it will be all snow though but still, 0.50 of mixed precip is still pretty good.

No one in the Triad was under the false delusion that we were going to get 6" or 8" of snow from this thing. But according to the narrative that was woven, it seemed to be safe to think that 1" of snow was a real possibility. But to not see a single damn flake? Not one flake has fallen. I mean really. I realize that it's unpredictable nature and all, but is one little inch of snow too much to ask when folks an hour's drive away are buried under snow? This beats all I've ever seen.

Your mom has a big ass Oconeexman. :thumbsup:

:lmao: wow, what a storm! i am just flat out exhausted lol - havent slept since yesterday (i may have dozed off an hour or hour and a half last night, but not sure :guitar: )

the last measurements before the sleet hit and started compacting i was getting between about 10" - 11.2" as the highest amounts when i took scattered measurements, so officially not a foot. but i think its close enough for me count as almost a foot :bike: i did hit double digits :thumbsup: this really turned out well for a lot of n ga, east of atl, ne ga and the upstate. sorry to the folks in nc :(

edited to add: just checked radar, and those echos sw of here may just make it to mby, or awfully close. now i feel bad for being greedy. i love to get a good .25" ice on top of a nice snowfall

I think this event is a great leason, whereas we're normally told to stop looking at the models once the event has started (and go nowcast); but in this case the models nailed it. Now do we still trust the models to give central NC some precip tonight? ** if we don't get anthing tonight, maybe our leason is to only trust "looking out the window".

I really need to move...to like Wilmington or Macon or somewhere snowy like that.

This is really kind of funny. I compare central NC's situation as the horse and the carrot. This morning the radar was charging towards us only to just get dissolved away at the last minute (or hour). Now we see another batch coming up from the south and most central NC people are being shown the carrot again. Do we get the carrot this time?

I think this event is a great leason, whereas we're normally told to stop looking at the models once the event has started (and go nowcast); but in this case the models nailed it. Now do we still trust the models to give central NC some precip tonight? ** if we don't get anthing tonight, maybe our leason is to only trust "looking out the window".

I think we should know by now that no matter what the models show or what the forecasters say, we really have no idea what it will do when it comes to snow here.

I about ready to say; "We ain't gettin' nothin' round here"

Looking at the Intellicast radar. (You know...the one reflects just about anything down to cow flatulence)...it seems to not be getting anyting up this way....and what's to the SW of us is dampening out....or seemingly so

Archived