joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pattern/storm inverted trough thread early Jan

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GFS continues to show its progressive bias with the southern stream energy and SPV energy IMO. I don't think this will end up being the right solution, but something more in the lines of a 12z NAM/GFS combination. More like an in between solution, where the low might track a tad bit to the east of the 40n/70w benchmark position. Still some time left to go before we gain any confidence in any one solution. Right now i like how the model that was furthest north with the track of the SPV is now more in line with the rest of the guidance with a further south tracking SPV in the 00z CMC. I am still leaning towards a 37n/75w to 40n/70w H5 track.

Well that was kind of meh, but it shows you how complicated things are. This is why we don't fall in love with the 12z gfs from yesterday. However, every run has done something different, so we are by no means, done.

We have the NAM. Let's see if CMC can pull out the all out blizzard card for us that it did last night....lol...

The PV is really doing what it needs to do to give ENY and southern NE a decent event, but then it jumps everything to that offshore low just when it looked like we were ready to crank. That could be suspect... '

It does give me and SE to Kevin like .5" so we should be happy anyway. :) until the next run.

I like the trend at 500mb bring the PV further south...almost there...just not quite enough. It's still out at the 90-110 hour range...and the changes that are needed are subtle.

The GFS and Euro (although have some differences at H5), do show the elongating of the ULL. The Euro actually digs the vortmax a little further south, but then starts to "curl" or tuck the vortmax closer to the coast. This causes cyclogenesis closer to the coast. The GFS eventually develops a low, but it's pretty far OTS. The inv trough develops in response the the developing ULL near NYC.

00z Euro

post-33-0-15719000-1294158458.gif

12z GFS

post-33-0-11616700-1294158476.gif

Archived