joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pattern/storm inverted trough thread early Jan

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the first storm, the NAM looks eerily similar to the Dec 26, 2004 storm. You got the OES in eastern MA. I believe Beverly got 7" before the actual synoptic snow even began. That storm was modeled to be a Norlun event, but the storm trended closer to the Cape with each successive run as we got closer in. That was a great storm. I got 8", but some areas near the coast wound up with 15-20". Not saying that would happen now 7 years later, but just an observation.

If all we get is the inverted trough scenario then I think realistically most people shouldn't be thinking more than 6 inches. Yes Will had pointed out inverted troughs that really nailed us (or NE) in the past, but just as a practical matter I'm not gonna go nuts over the potential from an I.T. alone. But still hoping we can get the actual low to pop closer to the coast....

GFS inv trough qpf is getting skinnier and shorter and less potent run by run.

just an observation.

hopefully the NAM is on to something

:arrowhead:

This run blows f unless a jackpot of 4-6 in parts of CT and eastern NY State from inverted trof are what you want. BOS maybe an inch or 2 if that.

like what I have been saying since the last storm.I will take inverted trophs/deformation zones instead for now on.After seeing what they can do over ny/nj who would want anything else.

See, at least the Euro and Canadian have a weak low preceding the main event. The gfs develops it into a sub 990mb low. That's my only question.

I had mentioned on the 1st page of this thread that the 1st piece that ejects out of the south is fouling this all up, It gets to far north then trys to retrograde back NW enough to pull the 2nd low that we want ESE......Weaker is better or further east out of the way i think is best.......

GFS says back-to-back sharp latitudinal gradients? meet the new year, same as the old year.

No reason to panic yet though. The only thing that seems inevitable right now is an arctic outbreak, which I welcome whole-heartedly, heating bills aside.

Any winter weather is better than no winter weather. We'll get both (Steve and Kevin--needed to say this lest you think less of me!)

26.3/16, stray flakes.

Archived