amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Pattern/storm inverted trough thread early Jan

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see what's going on.... The flow being too fast in the deep south and southeast is rearing its ugly factor here. The southerly impulse(s) can't slow down - they get bottle rocketed through the area and this timing screws up the phase potential.

That is exactly what the problem is and has been with this system since the get go. I posted this factorization issue out in the main thread as a matter of fact, and the NAM and Euro runs are now out right showing why it is better to have less mlv wind prior to trough arrival.

Best hope here I suspect is to go with no phase at all and do like the NAM suggests - SPV only

On the droid...will take a closer look in a few. Im sure this will still waffle around some but im starting to like the looks of this.

We'll see I guess. Lol.

The thing I don't like right now, and Tip hinted at this, is how fast the first s/w kicks ots. If that slowed or sharpened just a little, then it would be a much better outcome. Once again, another interesting evolution..this will take time to figure out. Probably not until 00z Thursday anyways.

0.30-0.40ish for you. At least a couple of inches via long duration for everyone.

Thanks dude.

I'd like to make a friendly recommendation...If we could somehow include all areas of SNE in our discussions of what various models show..esp when we can't access the Euro freebies yet...It's tough when people just post about eastern NEW England or Western new Eng. Those not in those areas have no idea what is going on.

Thanks dude.

I'd like to make a friendly recommendation...If we could somehow include all areas of SNE in our discussions of what various models show..esp when we can't access the Euro freebies yet...It's tough when people just post about eastern NEW England or Western new Eng. Those not in those areas have no idea what is going on.

sorry

Thanks dude.

Well when I said a few inches of snow, more SE areas it pretty much told the tale I think Cape verbatim gets low end warning while just about everyone else gets advisory level event. Parts of ME however may score later in the game.

sorry

No..it wasn't directed at anyone in particular..But because most of the guys that have early Euro access live in ENE they tend to just post on their area...and those of us in Central or western sections sometimes feel like we're gonna get screwed..i get so worried when i see posts about ENE specials..I'm close enought to ENE to still get some snow..but it still worries me when i see that. No biggie though

Would slowing down the phasing of the ULL and allowing for the lead vort to get out of the away potentially allow for more amplification?

I don't believe there is any phasing in this run... This is excruciating to look at really... probably the worst run to date for this system seeing that southern stream whip out like that completely oblivious to the subsume attempt by the SPV. SPV arrives and there is no one left at the party, so it just rots.

So look what happens... we get whiffed by the southern stream, which looks too hyper-developed btw, then the SPV just tries to damp and fill in at 120 hours.

If there were a better example of the anit-snow-for-you physics running in the model it would be a shock. lol

And, the AWESOME part is that the system later on doesn't have a prayer in this run. nice

thank god this isnt finale yet and we have a couple of days of flip flopping to do before we actualy know just the models doing what they always do for every storm.im thankful I dont fall for it and go back and fourth with them,which means tomorrow will be an ON day for good snows.

Thanks dude.

I endorse this recommendation!

Archived