• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Pattern/storm inverted trough thread early Jan

Damage In Tolland

I had said i thought we'd have clarity by last night at the latest. of course you were right. lets hope it starts to shift in a better direction once the shortwaves are onshore

It may be that this is the solution..who knows. Usually with these setups, one little displacement of a PV or even a vortmax, and the downstream repercussions are huge. That's why I thought it may be a while, but we'll see.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can we get that lead S/W to get picked up by a 747 and dropped off near Portugal?

If you're talking about the ND s/w at 12z Wednesday I'm not sure we want it faster. I think we want it to hang around long enough to keep the moisture close/wrapping back. It's slower this run, I'd like to see it slow down by an equal amount next run.

18z NAM looks to deliver the goods.

I'm very happy with it. ND s/w hangs around long enough so that it's further west. Instead of an organized low WAY out to sea note the 700mb RH...more of an east to west band of moisture that looks like it wants to run west right into SNE. Then when the main vortex comes down there's more moisture to act on.

I don't think we want that system faster, we want it slower so that it gets caught up by the bigger dog. Instead of clearing out all the moisture we want it to be hanging around so that it either directly or indirectly is absorbed.

I like this run a ton. (for a steady snow event)...

I just sat in the car outside my dads dermatologist appointment in brookline reading every page of this thread. Pure hilarity. Very clear when looking at the big picture that everything is still on the table for this system. So many intricate details with many players/sw's makes this situation extremely sensitive. We still arnt far from a mod-mjr system. We shall see. My chips are on a warning run of the mill storm. Moderate snowfalls.

I'm very happy with it. ND s/w hangs around long enough so that it's further west. Instead of an organized low WAY out to sea note the 700mb RH...more of an east to west band of moisture that looks like it wants to run west right into SNE. Then when the main vortex comes down there's more moisture to act on.

I don't think we want that system faster, we want it slower so that it gets caught up by the bigger dog. Instead of clearing out all the moisture we want it to be hanging around so that it either directly or indirectly is absorbed.

I like this run a ton. (for a steady snow event)...

thanks for the analysis as usual

really learn a lot.

I just sat in the car outside my dads dermatologist appointment in brookline reading every page of this thread. Pure hilarity. Very clear when looking at the big picture that everything is still on the table for this system. So many intricate details with many players/sw's makes this situation extremely sensitive. We still arnt far from a mod-mjr system. We shall see. My chips are on a warning run of the mill storm. Moderate snowfalls.

If it's the Beacon St office he's my family derm too. ....lol...

Archived