Newest Member
    northernriwx
Discuss the Blizz of 2010

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, should've said IP.

But it's ripping them and dendrites too, just went out. Hope to see thunder if not now, tomorrow AM.

Actually snow pellets fall under the code GS (along with graupel and soft hail). Unlike sleet they're opaque. I had a period of them with thunder in March 93.

Whoaaaaaa in Stratford, the wind and snow is beyond words. I went outside to measure and got swept up in something I have never seen before. Total whiteout. The way these incredible winds are pushing the snow...there are not enough superlatives. I wouldn't want to walk down the street right now for fear of getting lost.

The only bad part is that there is no way I can measure this. Don't yell at me, Wiz, it's just impossible right now. Some spots yield 3-4 while some give 8-9. I'm guessing it's in the middle, 5.5 or 6. We'll see how the storm goes but that was probably the best snowstorm moment of my 25 years.

Whoaaaaaa in Stratford, the wind and snow is beyond words. I went outside to measure and got swept up in something I have never seen before. Total whiteout. The way these incredible winds are pushing the snow...there are not enough superlatives. I wouldn't want to walk down the street right now for fear of getting lost.

The only bad part is that there is no way I can measure this. Don't yell at me, Wiz, it's just impossible right now. Some spots yield 3-4 while some give 8-9. I'm guessing it's in the middle, 5.5 or 6. We'll see how the storm goes but that was probably the best snowstorm moment of my 25 years.

I can't believe people are still driving in this. I see people zipping down the street at the speed limit as if it were a sunny day. Kind of nuts. It's slippery out there with temps in the low-20s.

I can't believe people are still driving in this. I see people zipping down the street at the speed limit as if it were a sunny day. Kind of nuts. It's slippery out there with temps in the low-20s.

They're insane. I'm on a dead end and thankfully have not seen any cars in quite some time...but even though I'm 100 feet from the road there's a chance I may have missed one.

Believe it is, we were sitting at 23 most of the day here in Randolph since precip started but have risen to 28.9 now in the last 1.5 hrs. Nervously watching and hoping the rising trend stops if we can get a bit stronger ageostrophic northerly component.

I'm in the southern end of that band right now and its ripping here. Seems like that may be coastal front enhancement, it doesn't make much progress compared to the other bands and general motion. My temperature has gone up from 24.0 at 7 PM to 25.0 at 7:35 PM.

Since y'all probably don't have work tomorrow, anyone takng a video camera to Gloucester or Scituate, where the NWS is predicting 3.4 foot storm surge with 20 foot waves? Is the local media playing up the coastal aspects of this?

Coastal Flood Warning

Oh, from Summers with my now late Grandma in North Quincy, MA, is Dick Albert still on the TV? Kids somehow knew I was from New York...

Yeah, I 'd like to ee that collapse SE a bit. Sounds like sleet out there right now. Sitting a33-34F. Winds made a noticeable jump in the last 1/2 hour.

yes i second that.....is that cf band gonna push further inland...or shift E. just asking IMBY question based on anyone looking at now cast conditions.

this is tuff. i remember living back in this area ten years ago and hated going to rain.. hated!!

still snowing out there but feels milder as i just walked outside....visibility up ....but no pingers ......wish i was 5 miles NW

ed

Archived