• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Discuss the Blizz of 2010

Damage In Tolland

I'm still getting pure snow grains. Decent winds. Gust to 25mph at EEN ... with 3.0sm visibility which just goes to show .... yeah.

Sorry for blowing up, but yeah I'm kinda p*ssed right now. This is a horrible indication for the rest of the storm for me, because I assume I'm getting epically screwed from downsloping. It's going on 4 years since my last 12+" storm, and I was hoping this might break the streak, but doesn't look like it. If this is another storm with a 10+" differential between AFN and MBY, bridges are going to look really friendly tomorrow, if I haven't had a heart attack already.

I'm out, because I have a feeling that any longer, and I'll find an easy way to get banned tonight.

Sam, just to your south we are getting nice accumulation the last 2 hours...i was up at Athens and it was similar. you should be in it any second.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to go and take another measurement at 8:30 PM. Hoping to have a good 5-6'' outside.

Considering the strength of this thing were just going to continue to see bands after bands after bands so I'm really wondering if there will be some weird and random sharp cutoffs...this isn't a storm where you have a large shield of consistently heavy snow.

Will is right, band is progressing and subsidence closing, but we'll have to see if the FU pellets ensue upon it's arrival.

Keep you posted, Dom.

They should...they just showed Natick, MA on channel 5 and it was an absolute blizzard of dendrites, so whatever weird lack of snow production you are seeing should cease once that slug of better echoes hits you.

FINALLY getting 30+ DBz into Boston western suburbs... any thoughts on how this cf-enhancement will align noticed temps bumped up 2-3F and average winds changed from W/NW to NNE in past 2 hours.

Any reasoning on where this cf-enhancement band will locate overnight?

Will go out to take some movies, will share if anything interesting...

I'm in the center of what I like to call the "subsidence channel" .....it's a corridor that essentially acts as a conduit for all things subsidence to ride through; they often set up just to the nw of a zone of cf enhancement.

You are in it, but not as deeply as I.

I just hope this is not a stable thermal gradient along the cp because if it is, I'm not getting much more than 1'.

Too early to tell.

Been right on the edge here, right when I thought intensity increasing it washed out. Temp slowly creeping up. It sucks but can't change it. Anyway still way to early to start pissin. I'm happy for everyone else. It will come the atmosphere just getting realligned to dump. That warm layer did a number is this case subsidence.

FINALLY getting 30+ DBz into Boston western suburbs... any thoughts on how this cf-enhancement will align noticed temps bumped up 2-3F and average winds changed from W/NW to NNE in past 2 hours.

Any reasoning on where this cf-enhancement band will locate overnight?

Will go out to take some movies, will share if anything interesting...

Which town do you reside in

32 now along rt 24.

Ray hang in there 50-50 you get the mambo band. No way of knowing yet.

Storm blows I hate these popcorn bands

sir based on path of mid level lows what is your prognosis f!or n. bristol county by plym. county line. as far as Rn/Sn line goes later tonite?

with that precip sliding slowly across longitudes.

edit back to heavy snow here giant flakes! power cant

decide what it wants to do.

Think someone in western CT gets 20" out of this. Kevin's area probably about a foot... maybe 14" or so... same here in the Valley it looks like.

its snowing pretty good but the flakes are literally so small that if it keeps up a lot longer for this I think totals will seriously be cut. It's been snowing moderately/hard for about 6 hours now and we have 4 or 5 inches max.

Lost power for 5 min. Back on now. Not a fan of this snow grain pl crap. Just not seeing good dendrites. Makes me wonder how upton can get to 20 inches or more here.

We're pretty much all dendrites but for as heavy as the snow's been I'm not impressed with how fast it's been piling up. 12-18" should do it most places... lowest east highest west.

Been right on the edge here, right when I thought intensity increasing it washed out. Temp slowly creeping up. It sucks but can't change it. Anyway still way to early to start pissin. I'm happy for everyone else. It will come the atmosphere just getting realligned to dump. That warm layer did a number is this case subsidence.

I love ya, Don, but I hope you drip.

Archived