joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
My First HECS on the Boards.....

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Th dryslot is on my mind for se mass and even BOS, but I don't think it will have a huge impact..just like CSNAVY said..it may cause crappy snowgrowth for a time. Hopefully the mid level low moving off the Delmarva can fill some of those echoes in.

dryslot versus drying.

There's some midlevel drying in CT and south of LI. It's kind of evident on the radar too but it didn't shutoff precip. South of LI the legit dryslot exists, that probably now turns ENE as is evident on radar in the last 15 minutes and heads over Cape Cod just after 0z. It's not going to shutoff precip like a traditional dry slot aside of maybe over the cape for a few and thats probably 50/50

I am in Wallingford CT though tomorrow. Deformation axis going to setup from my parents place back to my place in NYC and prolyy just sit for a while as mid level circs wrap up and we head toward occlusion. It's so nice to reach the stage in a big storm where you don't need the models Anymore and its just about sitting back and watching it in real time. ESP this storm which has to rank of there for one of the most poorley handled events in model history.

Agree. I'm worried about dry slotting east of me... maybe even as far west as GON/IJD.... but HVN/HFD/BDL are going to rock. PERFECT setup.

When did you start snowing Mike? Didn't start until 3pm here and 25 minutes later we're teetering on mod. snow already.

Ratios should be killer with this one.

I'm guess it's been about an hour Chris, but it's only be a more/less moderate fo rabout 30 mintues. I saw the AFD Pete posted.....make me smile a bit.:)

March 4-6 th 2001 Redux this storm less QPF and duration but epic uber intense period of snowbanding with lightning thunder quite possible and snowfall rates 2-3 per hour some locally 4-6 possible. Whiteouts and local blizzard conditions across elevations eps AOA 1K feet. Storm will slow as it passes ESE of Montauk. Starting to become concerned now that it may even stall for a couple few hours before resuming ENE-NE trek.

Take a look at the Euro...I would strongly lean towards a vertical stacked system while closing off just south of LI and stalling...I just don't see anything behind this to whip it away from New England Monday...This would have huge implications for SNE! latest models slow this to a crawl...if that....interesting!

March 4-6 th 2001 Redux this storm less QPF and duration but epic uber intense period of snowbanding with lightning thunder quite possible and snowfall rates 2-3 per hour some locally 4-6 possible. Whiteouts and local blizzard conditions across elevations eps AOA 1K feet. Storm will slow as it passes ESE of Montauk. Starting to become concerned now that it may even stall for a couple few hours before resuming ENE-NE trek.

If you don't mind me asking, when do you think southern Litchfield County will start getting into the heavier bands?

Concern is one word you could use. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Andy!!!!!

Wow....not often you see those anywhere around here, nevermind up into central NH.

Last widespread Blizzard Warnings for NNE was Valentines Day 2007. BTV verified 1/4 +SN for over 8 consecutive hours in that system with temperatures near 0F. Definitely my benchmark for a winter storm.

Just imagine if this storm was moving into SNE and ambient temps weren't 25-35F but 0F to 10F. Wow. Wind whipped powder.

[/b]

Concern is one word you could use. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Andy!!!!!

Totally agree. lol

I'd love it if we could match our storm last February, but I htink we'll be several inchest short. Of course, we were somewhat surprised by the totals from that--at least in light of what had been forecasted IIRC.

Archived