joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
My First HECS on the Boards.....

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see if the RUC improves any this run to make it more useful :lol: Last hour had the low tracking across Narragansett Bay lol So basically take it's banding and shift it 100 miles east.

Its gradually shifting east....useless as Will said. So far with this storm today useful for init+2 on 5h, terrible everywhere else. Typical on the coast.

Sounds great Pete. :thumbsup: You are set to jackpot IMO! It should be an interesting overnight. Good thing I got 8 hours of good sleep last night.

Rick, best of luck on this one. Currently 18/15 here with ENE winds sustained around 10 with occasional gusts to 16-18, moderate snow. About the same pre-storm coverage here. Very light, dry snow already being whipped around. White Smoke skiing in the early AM.

This will be a punishing night here in the high terrain. So very stoked.

I was surprised my parents have about 1" on the ground here... the type of snow cover where the top of the grass blades are still showing. My dad said this is left from 2-3" of snow showers they got like a week ago or something.

NWS Albany is going ballz-to-the-wallz for the Berkshires... Mike and Pete should enjoy this.

343 PM EST SUN DEC 26 2010

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM EST MONDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM EST MONDAY.

* LOCATIONS: CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN CATSKILLS...MID HUDSON VALLEY

AND THE BERKSHIRES.

* HAZARDS: HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS...BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF

SNOW WITH LOW VISIBILITY.

* ACCUMULATIONS: 1 TO 2 FEET OF SNOW.

Enjoy indeed, I was just outside and you can tell this one means business. The wind is menacing already, snowing horizontally.

Maybe from that snow we got following that lake cutter. Some areas around ALB picked up a few inches from that...being in the hills wasn't too relevant.

I was surprised my parents have about 1" on the ground here... the type of snow cover where the top of the grass blades are still showing. My dad said this is left from 2-3" of snow showers they got like a week ago or something.

NWS Albany is going ballz-to-the-wallz for the Berkshires... Mike and Pete should enjoy this.

343 PM EST SUN DEC 26 2010

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM EST MONDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM EST MONDAY.

* LOCATIONS: CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN CATSKILLS...MID HUDSON VALLEY

AND THE BERKSHIRES.

* HAZARDS: HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS...BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF

SNOW WITH LOW VISIBILITY.

* ACCUMULATIONS: 1 TO 2 FEET OF SNOW.

Going out for first round of clearing the driveway, want to stay on top of it before it gets too heavy. At about 3.5", 32F and winds picking up, amazing to see how the littlest gust moves around the trees so much when they have snow on them. Power Outage impending.

Archived