12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
My First HECS on the Boards.....

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My front yard has no new accumulations, back yard about 1/2" in the last 30 minutes. Back another 200 yards it's as it would normally be. Heavy snow and it struggles to accumulate at 32 degrees within about 300 feet of the water, crazy!

Winds rapidly increasing.

Yeah, Plymouth is struggling to accumulate. Was down in Plymouth Center and roads were wet, went up to just the Kingston Mall and there was snow on the roads.

Yet I'm watching the good echoes slowly expand westward ..now west of PHL... Light to Mod snow has moved into DC now from the east as this thing bombs.

NAM east about 10 miles, but we're splitting hairs this late in the game...precip shield still just as solid for all of SNE (most affected is Jersey shore back to PA)

I'm gonna be interested in the 18Z NAM obviously. But then it is gonna be a watch the radar situation. We'll see if we barely get into that really good deformation. SNE is getting WAA snows etc that will put them into the stratosphere with snowfall so I doubt anyone will top their #'s.

Oh the jackpot is definitely E.MA.... not sure there was every any doubt with that. I just would like to get some snow, too. I'd be happy with 8" here in Albany... just enough to be fun and not enough so I can't drive back to Stowe tomorrow. I like a 6-9" forecast here, though if the meso-scale models are correct we could end up with a foot or more given the high qpf some are showing locally.

Boston Worcester PVD KTAN is a toss up for me if 7-14 or 8-16 is the best forecast. That includes Ray. Someone might get caught under an uber band and get 20"+, but we shall see.

I honestly don't know why were looking at models.. look at the radar people.. the models always drop off in qpf.. it happens every noreaster.. 12-18 for all of sne

With the new BOX snow map looks like they're pretty confident R/S line stays down in far SE MA.

I think they're doing a nice job on the stretch from PYM to the canal. The north winds contaminate snow possibilities with this much wind. It may snow heavy for 6 hours and 2 inches fall. We need it to be dark here, that's just enough to offset the marine layer.

It's nuts to me how inland it can be 33/34 and accumulate no problem. With a wind off the water and all the salt spray it can't accumulate above 32 on these types of days, really even 31 ish.

Archived