• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
My First HECS on the Boards.....

40/70 Benchmark

I don't understand why this is a weenie comment :arrowhead: Its taken a disproportionately longer time for the snow shield to advance from the southern suburbs to the Northern suburbs then it had crossing SE Mass into the southern suburbs.

I'm just messin' with ya dude. I still think you're splitting hairs over an extra 2-3" right now this early in the storm.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're golden dude... don't even think about it. You probably have just as good a shot of only getting 13" as you do of getting crushed with 26" in a deform band enhanced by the CF.

You worried about getting screwed while areas to the SE of you on rt. 128 get buried? Cause I think you should be good.

Yea, that is my concern; if it happens, see ya, Phil.

It be dissapointed and I don't give a flying one what anyone thinks about it.

Plently on the board would be pissed having 1', while 5 miles away sees 2'.....happened to me in Dec 2003 and PDII.

According to the 18Z RUC things get crazy in ENY overnight tonight after the heaviest may have hit SNE. It wraps the deformation well back inton NY State and has dry slotted part of SNE then. Low wrapped to just off E. LI is our benchmark if that verifies.

I am going to reserve my subforum right to start a Brookline/Boston-specific thread later should conditions warrant.

Plently on the board would be pissed having 1', while 5 miles away sees 2'.....happened to me in Dec 2003 and PDII.

Oh, I totally agree with you. Just breaking one foot while others near have 2 stings real bad in this type of storm.

No this is a general all purpose discussion thread. The others are for strictly posting observations and snow totals.

To add to this...

The NWS and media want our observations and snow totals, but they don't want to read through all of the other stuff. That's pretty much the purpose behind it. I think it's an honor that the NWS views our obs. We're not going to force people to only post obs there, but that is the thread to make sure they get noticed. If you only want to post in that thread when there is a change in the wx or to update your snow totals...that's fine. Let's have fun and enjoy the snow. :snowman:

To add to this...

The NWS and media want our observations and snow totals, but they don't want to read through all of the other stuff. That's pretty much the purpose behind it. I think it's an honor that the NWS views our obs. We're not going to force people to only post obs there, but that is the thread to make sure they get noticed. If you only want to post in that thread when there is a change in the wx or to update your snow totals...that's fine. Let's have fun and enjoy the snow. :snowman:

Good point....I forgot about that; my bad.

I'm going to take a shower and get some provisions for the Giants game which some friends are coming to watch. They understand there will be looping of windows for radar and bb and all shades for windows will be pulled away to enable visibility of the majestic moments of a building blizzard.

What a night! Your wife is awesome.....

Just flurries here attm after our little mroning surprise. Looks like the main stuff is slowly making it s way up.

I'm done with the models at this point--it s more fun to be outside or to look out wthe window. But, just glancg through the posts that are here, sounds like you eastern folks are clearning up. Enjoy!

Just flurries here attm after our little mroning surprise. Looks like the main stuff is slowly making it s way up.

I'm done with the models at this point--it s more fun to be outside or to look out wthe window. But, just glancg through the posts that are here, sounds like you eastern folks are clearning up. Enjoy!

You've never lived in a Lake Effect or Upslope region, have you? haha. That would probably greatly piss you off, but in pretty much all of the meso-scale events I've seen, 5 miles can often be the difference between feet and inches.

Archived