12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
May Discobs 2024

George BM

On 5/4/2024 at 1:41 PM, Rhino16 said:

Hope it’s safe…

https://battaglia.ddns.net/twc/

Thank you for sharing this! Man, does this bring back memories. Is it weird that I actually miss this version of Weather on the 8's?  :) 

More immediately...currently 67/66, muggy and grey, some fog. Hoping that, since rain/storm percentages have been knocked back for today and focused around dinner time that we can get at least one of the lawns mowed...we've clearly lost the battle this week to the clover and buttercups, all weeding/edging I did two weeks ago has been obliterated, and my big plans for power washing the back patios this past weekend...also down the toilet.

To suck @nj2va, this weather does indeed suck.

• Like 1

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, IronTy said:

This weather reminds me of summer 2018.  Hope we don't end up with that again.  

I remember unbelievable amounts of rain falling that summer. Downpours like we were in Malaysia or something.

The humidity today is nuts

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paleocene said:

I remember unbelievable amounts of rain falling that summer. Downpours like we were in Malaysia or something.

The humidity today is nuts

I'm loving the humidity.  I really hope we don't have a repeat of last spring/summer.  Humidity/storms/warm > Dry/wildfires/cool

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Damn! Radar to the SW Central MD is lighting up. Could we be in for a good ole fashion stormy night. It definitely feels juicy out there. My garden plants are loving this. 

I mention basketball a lot because...well...I'm a bit of a junkie...but man, this is up there in the top 5 of hoops conditions.  70's, humid, light wind (if any).  Just got a few games in and ready to see what happens the next few days weather-wise.

• Like 2

This has turned out to be an awesome day, SE Asia feel to the air but it's not too hot out and the sun has come through.  Feels very tropical.  Unfortunately this plus the rain means I had to stop 4 times in the way home from work to rescue box turtles.  I hate this time of year for that, it's so sad.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronTy said:

This has turned out to be an awesome day, SE Asia feel to the air but it's not too hot out and the sun has come through.  Feels very tropical.  Unfortunately this plus the rain means I had to stop 4 times in the way home from work to rescue box turtles.  I hate this time of year for that, it's so sad.  

Can you tell me the procedure for rescuing these? I've wanted to do this, but not sure where to put them. If I put them on the road, I'm afraid they'd get run over.

4 minutes ago, coolio said:

Can you tell me the procedure for rescuing these? I've wanted to do this, but not sure where to put them. If I put them on the road, I'm afraid they'd get run over.

Common protocol is to pull over if safe and place them on the side of the road that they were traveling toward.  If possible I'll walk into the woods a hundred feet or more so they're far away from the road.   If they're doing something stupid like walking toward a shopping mall parking lot then I'll either put them back on the side they're traveling from or drive 1/4 mile down the road to a safe area for them.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IronTy said:

Common protocol is to pull over if safe and place them on the side of the road that they were traveling toward.  If possible I'll walk into the woods a hundred feet or more so they're far away from the road.   If they're doing something stupid like walking toward a shopping mall parking lot then I'll either put them back on the side they're traveling from or drive 1/4 mile down the road to a safe area for them.   

Apparently they have a range that they prefer to live in and some are really stubborn and will try to find where they live again. Short distances are probably best.

The TV mets and NWS were screaming about how hot it would be today. Near 90.

At 11:30 it is 72.  

Maybe we will have a sharp temp. rise from 1600 to 1800Z ???