• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net

Just now, Brian5671 said:

Not really if you look at models for next week...it's a 7 day stretch of mostly garbage

I was looking at the 7 day and it looked like partly sunny Monday - Wednesday.

Our pattern seems to be nice the first 2-3 days of the week and wet and cool for the second half of each week.

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I was looking at the 7 day and it looked like partly sunny Monday - Wednesday.

Our pattern seems to be nice the first 2-3 days of the week and wet and cool for the second half of each week.

gfs_ref_frzn_neus_29.png

15 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Sure for the high but if raining it could be stuck in the upper 40s during that time

Agreed.  Some models are sagging the rain a bit south Friday so if it's just cloudy we'd be in the 50's.  Hard to imagine after the last 3 days!

41 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

It's almost impossible not to hit 50 this time of year.

So I'll go with climatology and say we will at least get into the 50s.

Yeah low-mid 50s for highs. I don't think anyone believes we'll stay in the 40s Friday. When I said temps won't overperform due to ENE winds and rain, I meant it will get stuck in the low-mid 50s similar to what happened on Sunday. Temps are likely to be at or slightly lower than the current forecast Friday, just like they usually go higher than forecast on sunny days with offshore winds. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah low-mid 50s for highs. I don't think anyone believes we'll stay in the 40s Friday. When I said temps won't overperform due to ENE winds and rain, I meant it will get stuck in the low-mid 50s similar to what happened on Sunday. Temps are likely to be at or slightly lower than the current forecast Friday, just like they usually go higher than forecast on sunny days with offshore winds. 

It was 52 here last Sunday, I think it will probably be about the same as that.  Man, that day sucked lol.

Windy to boot!

18 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I think it was 2008 or 09 we had a rainy day in the 40s in mid may but probably had an early high in the 50s

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Agreed.  Some models are sagging the rain a bit south Friday so if it's just cloudy we'd be in the 50's.  Hard to imagine after the last 3 days!

Dragging south as in it misses entirely?

Another shot of cooler air will begin to arrive tomorrow. The chill won't be exceptional for the season. However, Friday could be mainly cloudy with highs only in the 50s in much of the region. Some showers are possible.

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was 0.8°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +0.5°C for the week centered around May 1. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged -0.08°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +0.85°C. The ongoing basinwide El Niño event is fading. Neutral conditions could develop later in the spring.

The SOI was +12.12 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was -0.368 today.

Based on sensitivity analysis applied to the latest guidance, there is an implied 57% probability that New York City will have a warmer than normal May (1991-2020 normal). May will likely finish with a mean temperature near 64.2° (1.0° above normal).

2 minutes ago, Picard said:

Balmy early May evening.  I'm still at 73.  Feels like summer.
I'm not looking forward to the return to raw and cold.  It's the month when both the AC and heat will run, sometimes within 48 hours of one another.

Been a lot of back and forth lately with AC vs. heat (heat especially in the mornings)

It is warm out tonight.  Still 70 here.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Picard said:

Looks like once the westerly wind kicked up this evening, you guys rocketed up.  Parts of eastern NJ are still in the low 80s at this hour, in early May.

Still 77 here with nice breeze, first evening that actually feels like summer.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Picard said:

Balmy early May evening.  I'm still at 73.  Feels like summer.
I'm not looking forward to the return to raw and cold.  It's the month when both the AC and heat will run, sometimes within 48 hours of one another.

We may salvage a decent day tomorrow at least 

9 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

We may salvage a decent day tomorrow at least 

Today looks decent.  Even tomorrow rain north and east of the city could be limited.  Euro however is wet for everyone.