• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00

I can’t see anything, but my drone certainly did. I’m shocked.

IMG_3245.thumb.jpeg.cec8631abf340fc9a83354d89e4ba564.jpeg

It didn’t even appear on my phone’s screen while flying the drone, sky was pitch black so I aimed it north hoping to catch something, I only saw it afterwards.

I technically can’t count this as a sighting as I can’t see it, it’s cloudy over Long Island but clearer to the north, but this is my first time ever catching it on camera.

• Like 3

snowman19 is gonna have a field day this winter :( BUT...

Those of us who loves severe weather...we're in for a doozy and I can't wait to see the books rewritten. This is a great time to be a weather enthusiast.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, SRRTA22 said:

Those of us who loves severe weather...we're in for a doozy and I can't wait to see the books rewritten. This is a great time to be a weather enthusiast.

Astronomy is way more interesting-- bring on northern lights and more eclipses!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SRRTA22 said:

we don't really get severe weather down here at the coast (which I'm perfectly fine with), our severe weather even when we're under a warning consists of some downpours and gusty winds for like 10 minutes.  

5 hours ago, Cfa said:

I can’t see anything, but my drone certainly did. I’m shocked.

IMG_3245.thumb.jpeg.cec8631abf340fc9a83354d89e4ba564.jpeg

It didn’t even appear on my phone’s screen while flying the drone, sky was pitch black so I aimed it north hoping to catch something, I only saw it afterwards.

I technically can’t count this as a sighting as I can’t see it, it’s cloudy over Long Island but clearer to the north, but this is my first time ever catching it on camera.

Capturing it on your camera counts as seeing it, was this over Long Island?

6 hours ago, JetsPens87 said:

It's wall to wall clouds I don't know what he's talking about 

I woke up at 3 AM, there was a bank of clouds to the north and northwest.  I waited for awhile.  Around 4:30 AM it cleared out so I took pictures from 4:30 AM to 5 AM.

It would have been better had this happened in the winter when our nights are longer, but it was still sufficiently dark at that time to take images.

13 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I'm so bummed, the neighbors outside lights kill every event and they refuse to turn them off for even a minute. 

Sue them or call the police, light pollution is a health hazard.

I have filters that block light pollution.

I actually have an idea, set up reflective mirrors or other reflective material and reflect their light pollution right back into their windows.

People like that piss me off so bad I would be tossing bricks at their lights.

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

which part of PA? how visible is it with your eyes and what direction did you look in?

we have clouds here to the north and west and it's clear to the south and east lol.  I guess the northeast looks pretty clear too.  But north and northwest are cloudy.

Bucks County.  Wasn’t really visible with naked eye.  Sky looked a bit different for sure.  This was looking north.

• Thanks 1