• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00

1 minute ago, hazwoper said:

Bucks County.  Wasn’t really visible with naked eye.  Sky looked a bit different for sure.  This was looking north.

the sky finally cleared out here a bit after 4 am and in the camera LCD they were easier to see, with my eyes it just looked like the sky was slightly brighter than normal

• Like 1

I turned in at 10:00 PM and it was cloudy and drizzly.  I woke up at 3:00 AM and somehow the skies had cleared out and I got some great pictures.  The website is not letting me upload them.  This morning I am all fogged in.  What I saw was just like what Don saw.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

I turned in at 10:00 PM and it was cloudy and drizzly.  I woke up at 3:00 AM and somehow the skies had cleared out and I got some great pictures.  The website is not letting me upload them.  This morning I am all fogged in.  What I saw was just like what Don saw.

wow absolutely amazing, and you're in Allentown right? Or nearby?

Did you see them as clearly as the pictures you got?

9 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

wow absolutely amazing, and you're in Allentown right? Or nearby?

Did you see them as clearly as the pictures you got?

I am 10 miles NE of Allentown in Bethlehem Twp.  It was faintly visible to the naked eye.  My iPhone saw them very nicely.  What was amazing was how the sky cleared out in the middle of the night.  It’s not like there was a strong cold front that came through to do that either.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Don is tonight supposed to be just as good as last night was? Just look earlier because clouds will come in later? I plan to look around 10 PM tonight.

I’m not sure, but they will be visible. Clouds could be a problem.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

I am 10 miles NE of Allentown in Bethlehem Twp.  It was faintly visible to the naked eye.  My iPhone saw them very nicely.  What was amazing was how the sky cleared out in the middle of the night.  It’s not like there was a strong cold front that came through to do that either.

I am hoping we have some clear skies early tonight to see more of them.  When I woke up at 3 am there were still clouds to the north and northwest, but it was clear to the northeast and in other directions, I waited an hour and the whole sky cleared up nicely :)

Where's a good cold front when you need one lol?

It was absolutely frigid this morning though, deep blue skies and very low humidity!

1 minute ago, LibertyBell said:

I am hoping we have some clear skies early tonight to see more of them.  When I woke up at 3 am there were still clouds to the north and northwest, but it was clear to the northeast and in other directions, I waited an hour and the whole sky cleared up nicely :)

Where's a good cold front when you need one lol?

It was absolutely frigid this morning though, deep blue skies and very low humidity!

Here’s what I saw with the iPhone 

IMG_3201.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

I got real lucky.  It was overcast here as late as 1:30 AM.  Some time between then and 3:00 AM it cleared out.

I didn't use my light pollution filter, I wonder how much it would have helped.

It's a slot filter that blocks certain wavelengths of light that are most associated with street lights.

2 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

The models continue to look quite wet as we move forward with the GFS being wet right through Memorial Day weekend. So it looks like we could see plenty of rain/storms and cooler temps (70’s) at least until the end of the month. 

gfs_apcpn_neus_55.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

42 to 53 now and sunny.  Low - mid 60s.   Clouds and showers back tomorrow. Looks like 1 clear day for every three or four for the next 2 weeks.   Overall, cooler - plenty of clouds easterly fetch and rain chances.  Next period for some heavier rains May 17 - May 21.   Warmer period to close the month would be next shot at sustained (dry) warmth.

vis_nj_anim.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatamy said:

I got real lucky.  It was overcast here as late as 1:30 AM.  Some time between then and 3:00 AM it cleared out.

Cleared out here around 330am and still saw nothing lol. 

29 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I'm in a short sleeved shirt

One of the 10 BEST days.  I didn't waste my time trying to see the aurora last night.  Between possible cloud cover and living in what used to be suburban NJ, there wasn't much of a chance...

14 hours ago, JetsPens87 said:

Incredible and here we are...

I did see it last night around 315.  To the naked eye it was faint, but my phone cam captured it pretty good.  I was excited 

• Like 2