• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net

2 hours ago, nycwinter said:

it was very chilly this morning with a brisk wind i actually wore my coat this may be the last time i will be able to do it until next november or december...

or October

42 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

You should get some decent rain this afternoon 

Yeah I thought we might only get a tenth of an inch, but radar definitely blossomed a little bit compared to how it looked a couple hours ago. Looks like HRRR is gonna be wrong about our area getting only about a tenth of an inch. Looks like we'll get a solid quarter inch now. At least that'll be enough to give the garden a decent watering. 

3 hours ago, GaWx said:

After a significantly warmer ENSO run in April, this new Euro run also cooled ENSO back down considerably in addition to significantly warming the MDR (new run on left)(all fwiw of course):

Yeah, all the pieces are there for an extremely active season if everything comes together. 

27 minutes ago, psv88 said:

You were just chilling outside in the rain all day? Just standing there getting wet?

I don't really do outside activities.  

I was driving most of the morning from Rhode Island.

• Weenie 1

Showers and periods of light rain are likely into tomorrow. Tomorrow and Tuesday will become noticeably warmer as the clouds yield to sunshine. Overall, the first week of May should wind up warmer than normal despite today's cool weather. Another shot of cooler air wil likely arrive on Thursday.

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was 0.0°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +0.8°C for the week centered around April 24. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged -0.23°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +0.98°C. The ongoing basinwide El Niño event is fading. Neutral conditions could develop later in the spring.

The SOI was +7.37 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was -0.285 today.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Hoping we turn the corner to much warmer/hotter weather by around the 20th of the month. It looks like we may be stuck in this cooler/wetter pattern for at least the next 10-14 days with a few warmer days mixed in.

When the constant back door gunk ends right around Memorial Day, we’re finally good for summer. June was the never ending N flow around the Canadian high that brought the smoke in. 

6 hours ago, MJO812 said:

I'm not trolling at all

You know me. I love cool and dreary weather besides winter.  It's also easier for my job. 

We agree from like October 1st onwards and then part ways in April. :)  I absolutely live for maximal frigid cold and snow all winter, but once that’s no longer a possibility, I’m all about sunny days with temps exceeding 80F!  These cold, dreary springs are terrible.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jm1220 said:

When the constant back door gunk ends right around Memorial Day, we’re finally good for summer. June was the never ending N flow around the Canadian high that brought the smoke in. 

Northerly flow is normally really good for us for nice sunny dry hot weather in the summer.